Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FISHING QUIZ...WITH PRIZES
1. The carp rain in Utah. Walleye should be king but DWR has gotten Confused and thinks the walleye is the real "evil doer."

2. Walleye. Best eatin and a challenge to catch (at least for me)

3. The Carp. As ugly as a chub and a cow which also starts with the letter "C".

4. Any place where the fish are biting, the sketters aren't, and is devoid of the lunatic power squadron (PWCers).

5. I like any kind of fishing that uses a spinning rod. I deal with fish using brute force. I have no patience or fineese to go anywhere near a flyrod.

6. Make it legal to use live bait (especially gizzard shad at willard bay). There are 10 gazillion billion of the little buggers at WB. What's with the no possesion signs. Oh yaa... One person takes one and tells two friends and then they each take one and tell two friends and so on and so on. Pretty soon, no more gizzard shad.
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][#0000ff]DA QUIZ: [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]1. What is the Utah state fish?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]2. What is your favorite fish...and why?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]3. What is your LEAST favorite fish...and why?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]4. What is your favorite fishing hole...and why?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]5. What is your favorite KIND of fishing...and why?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff](fly fishing, ice fishing, drop shot, trolling, jigging, etc.)[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]6. What changes would you make in the Utah regulations, if you could, and why?

1. Tonniville ThroatCutt Brout
2. The ever elusive, incredibly intelligent, silent and stealthy "Bluegil",...come one come all. "I am the Bluegil God". They are the ants of the fish world. So powerful for their size.
3. The Notorious C.A.R.P. baby baby. Just like going to the clubs, while trying to get the good ones, instead you catch one of the most unattractive, obnoxious, and filthy ones. It's hard finding the walleye's and wipers cause there are so many Carps around. [/#0000ff]
[/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font][url "http://javascript:%20top.editor_iframe.addTag27:27%29"][Image: frown.gif][/url]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][#0000ff]4. Lake Powell...It's a fish buffet. Stripers are all you can eat [/#0000ff][/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font][url "http://javascript:%20top.editor_iframe.addTag27laugh29"][Image: laugh.gif][/url][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][#0000ff]
5. String on a can bait fishing. You kill two birds with one stone. Bobber and Bait all in one. The excitement of watching the can run around.
6. I'm so glad that you asked this one. It might mean like nothing to others but, oh holy hell. Why do you have both your first pole license and your second pole license when you can't even get your second pole license if you don't have your first. I just don't understand that. What if I forgot my first pole license. Wouldn't the second just indicate that I do have my first pole license. Not that I forget my license but come on...okay that was my 2 1/2 cent. [/#0000ff]
[/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font][url "http://javascript:%20top.editor_iframe.addTag27sly29"][Image: sly.gif][/url]
[signature]
1.bonneville cutthroat trout
2.its hard to pick just one, but its hard to beat a big ol tiger musky hitting a topwater 10 feet away from you when your wading the shoreline. that will get you goin.
3.theres a few but, those cutthroats at strawberry fight like crappie, and there dissapointing when your trying to catch a big rainbow.
4.the green river, you can catch browns,bows,and cutthroats.there
all usually very colorful,challenging,and big.
5.any kind of flyfishing is total relaxation,its hard to beat sitting on the bank drowning a worm with your kids though.
6.some more blueribbon stillwaters would be nice.mostly just to protect some fisheries,and give us some big boys
[signature]
Answers for "Da Quiz"

[black][size 2]1. What is the Utah state fish ?
- Bonneville Cutthroat Trout.
2. What is your favorite fish...and why?
-Rainbow Trout. Because they get bigger the more I catch.
3. What is your LEAST favorite fish...and why?
-Utah Chub. They will eat you out of house & home; eventually take over.
4. What is your favorite fishing hole ...and why?
-Strawberry Reservoir. Its my vendeta to beat my current Rainbow trout weight record, better yet a Kokanee...........
5. What is your favorite kind of fishing...and why?
-Jigg'in. You can do it year round, hard & soft water....
6. What changes would you make in the Utah regulations, if you could and why?
-Lets go with being able to keep any (4) trout out of Strawberry during the ice'n season, regardless of length .

[/size][/black]
[size 1][#0000ff]DA QUIZ:
1. What is the Utah state fish?[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff](fly fishing, ice fishing, drop shot, trolling, jigging, etc.)[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]6. What changes would you make in the Utah regulations, if you could, and why?[/#0000ff] [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]1. I believe it's a cutthroat trout.[/size]
[size 1]2. My favorite fish has got to be the largemouth bass. I have targeted bass for years and I am always learning something new. They utilize all different kinds of structure which makes fishing for them fun. I have fished for them from Florida to Virginia to California and I'm headed to Texas next month to fish Lake Fork. They are an interesting species that may literally blow your lure out of the water but I've had a big female pick up the tail of my worm and move it off her bed with grace.[/size]
[size 1]3. I can't honestly say I have a specific least favorite fish. Every fish plays a role in the ecosystem, I would have to say any fish that's illegaly planted is my least favorite.[/size]
[size 1]4. My favorite fishing hole is a private pond in Northeast Utah. Funny thing is I've only been there twice. It is where I taught my daughter how to fish and she taught me a little about patience. It's a memory I'll hold on to forever.[/size]
[size 1]5. Soft plastics. There is such a huge assortment of plastics that you never know what may work. Of course I have my favorites but there is always some new brand or style that's "going to change fishing forever!" I have taken it upon myself to buy and try these new innovations for all of mankind. I now know why I like soft plastics, they come in small bags and get torn up easily so you have to buy more. I love shopping for new fishing stuff!!![/size]
[size 1]6. Have a two-pole permit last one year from the date of purchase just like the fishing licenses that accompany them. It just seems to make sense to me.[/size]
[#ff0000](You need to READ the current regs. That is already done.)[/#ff0000]
[signature]
[size 1][#0000ff]1. What is the Utah state fish?[/#0000ff] Bonneville Cutthroat, and well deserved.
[#0000ff]2. What is your favorite fish...and why?[/#0000ff] To catch - the handsome brookie. To eat - a 2 lb cutt fried in butter and fresh mushrooms.[Tongue]
[#0000ff]3. What is your LEAST favorite fish...and why?[/#0000ff] Holy crap, Carp!! They're so butt ugly I cut my line rather than touch them to remove the hook.
[#0000ff]4. What is your favorite fishing hole...and why?[/#0000ff] The lakes of the upper Rock Creek drainage of the High Uintas. The action on flies and lures is tremendous, the scenery is unmatched, and I usually have the whole place to myself. Unbelievable!
[#0000ff]5. What is your favorite KIND of fishing...and why?[/#0000ff] Fly fishing a lake. I get to move around while fishing different structure, and the fish smack the fly hard. I like to use a #16 semi-dry fly, but sometimes go crazy with an imitation mouse.
[#0000ff]6. What changes would you make in the Utah regulations, if you could, and why?[/#0000ff] [/size]
[size 1]Two changes: 1) I fondly remember when the trout limit was 8 fish. Since I'm usually trying to catch dinner for the family, including my aging parents, I would love to take more trout home on occasion. 2) Of course the DWR would have to use more of our license fees to stock more trout. I think there ought to be a law stating that funds from fishing licenses are only used to support fisheries.[/size]
[signature]
BONIVILLE CUTT[/size][size 1]

[#0000ff]2. What is your favorite fish...and why? [#000000]WIPER, BECAUSE OF THE FIGHT THE BOILS AND THE TASTE AND I DONT EAT MANY FISH!! BUT I DO HATE THE BUGS AT WILLARD!![/#000000][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]3. What is your LEAST favorite fish...and why?[/#0000ff] YELLOW BELLYS ,CAUSE EVERYTIME THEY SWALLOW THE HOOK DEEP!!

[#0000ff]4. What is your favorite fishing hole...and why ?[#000000] FLAMING GORGE,YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU MIGHT CATCH,IT COULD BE A 50#MACK,30#BROWN OR RAINBOW A 6#KOKE THAT FIGHTS ALMOST AS GOOD AS A WIPER!!A GAZZILLION SMALLMOUTH OR EVEN A BURBOT!! AND DONT FORGET THEM 20#CARP!![/#000000][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]5. What is your favorite KIND of fishing...and why?[/#0000ff] JIGGING JIGGING JIGGING!! BECAUSE YOU ACTUALLY PRESENT THE JIG AND GET THEM TO BITE THEN YOU HAVE TO BE ON YOUR TOES TO SET THE HOOK! DONT GET ME WRONG I HAVE NO PROBLEM SITTNG IN THE BOAT TROLLING AND HAVING SOME COLD BREWSKIS!!

[#0000ff]6. What changes would you make in the Utah regulations, if you could, and why[/#0000ff][#000000]? I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THE SAME FOR THE MACKS AT THE GORGE ABOUT THE SNAGGERS! CLOSE IT DURING THE SPAWN OR PATROLL AND TICKET THOSE WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES!! [/#000000][/size]
[signature]
1. Bonniville Cutthroat. What I wanna know is "who'd do that to a lil fishy, anyway?" And how come it can keep on swimmin round with its throut all cut up?
2. I like whatever can't get loose from my kids pole 'cause it's great watchin him flop around as much as the fish.
3. I guess it's the one that got away only as time passes it seems to keep growin on me.
4. Utah Lake. It's close, has lots of variety, and the munchkins don't freeze when they "accidently" fall in.
5. When I'm by myself, it's the quiet kind. When I'm with others (especially kids), I like the kind that makes 'em squeal when they catch something--doesn't even have to be a fish.
6. More free fishing days to encourage folks to give it a try. Perhaps a day or so when no license is needed if your with a licensed angler.

Hey, ya know this was kinda fun.
[signature]
1. Bonneville Cutthroat

2. Rainbow trout -- I like the feel of a fish on the line. Rainbows are abundant, relatively easy to catch, and acrobatic.

3. There are no bad fish. If it will pull on your line it is great. But my biggest disapointment was when I hiked to Upper Bells Canyon for the "big" cutthroats. Yes they were 16-17" fish but I've had more fight out a 3" bluegill. And the hike just about wiped me out.

4. Again it is hard to limit it to just one place. I love the Diamond Mtn. lakes (Matt Warner and Calder) for big fish willing to take a fly. My first 100 fish day was at Calder. But they are 200 miles away. So, my favorite has to be Willow pond. It's less than 15 minutes from home, the variety of fish is endless, and there are 100 fish days there too.

5. It must be a fly and bubble since that is about the only way I fish. But I am still searching for the perfect fly that will catch all fish all the time.

6. I would like to see just a few more productive waters devoted to trophy rainbows. This years change at Calder is what I am talking about. But Calder is 200 miles away. The recent thread about changes at Strawberry is also good (a little closer). But what about putting a few rainbows in Mountain Dell and making it catch and release.
[signature]
Q. What is the Utah state fish?[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]A.Bonneville Cuthroat[/#0000ff][/size]
[size 1][#0000ff]Q. What is your favorite fish...and why?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A. Crappie[/#0000ff][/size]
[size 1][#0000ff]Q. What is your LEAST favorite fish...and why?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A. CARP[/#0000ff][/size]
[size 1][#0000ff]Q. What is your favorite fishing hole...and why?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A. Newton Resevoir. Duh it has crappie. Plus its close to home.[/#0000ff][/size]
[size 1][#0000ff]Q. What is your favorite KIND of fishing...and why?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A. Trolling[/#0000ff][/size]
[size 1][#0000ff]Q. What changes would you make in the Utah regulations, if you could, and why?[/#0000ff] [/size]
[size 1]A. None [/size]
[signature]
1. BONNEVILLE CUTTHROAT TROUT.
2. MY FAVORITE FISH IS THE VAMPIRE FISH BECAUSE OF THE BRUTAL NATURE OF ITS SURVIVAL, IT HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED ATTACHED TO THE TIP OF PETERS OF PEOPLE!!! THE CANDIRU LIVES IN THE WATERS OF THE AMAZON AND LODGES INTO THE GENITALS OF HUMANS AT EVERY CHANCE...IT IS TRULY ONE BAD FISH. I LIKE TO LODGE IN GENTIALS WHEN I CAN TOO SO I CAN FEEL THIS FISH'S PAIN. HERES A LINK TO SOME INFO. [url "http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/2-29-2004-51087.asp"]http://www.buzzle.com/.../2-29-2004-51087.asp[/url]
3. MY LEAST FAVORITE FISH PROBABLY HERRING. FOR THE PURE REASON THAT IS A VERY STRONG SASHIMI FOR THE CLASSIC IKY FISH TASTE...THEY ARE NOT A PRETTY THING EITHER.

4. MY FAVORITE FISHING HOLE IS DEER CREEK. I LIKE THE ASSORTMENT OF FISH, CARP, PERCH, SMALIES, TROUT, WALLEYES, BLUEGILL, AND SOME OTHERS I HAVE HEARD OF...IT IS A GOOD SIZE RES. CONVIENIENT LOCATION FOR ME. PLUS IT IS A CHELLENGING WATER TO FISH SO I CAN HONE MY SKILLS ON MANY LEVELS FOR MANY SPECIES ALL IN ONE TRIP.

5. I LIKE TO FISH FROM MY TUBE OR BOAT I THINK TROLLING IS MY FAVORITE, IT MOBILIZES ME TO FOLLOW FISH AND ATTACK THEM, ITS FAIRLY EASY TO DO...YOU JUST DRAG SOMETHING...AND IT IS PEACEFUL ON THE WATER MOST OF THE TIME IT GIVES A CHANCE FOR SOME GOOD TALK WITH MY MATE AS WE FISH, I FORSEE IT IN THE FUTURE TO PRESENT ME WITH GOOD "DADDY" MOMENTS AS WELL AS MY CHILDREN GET OLDER AND WE GO ON OUTINGS TOGETHER.

6. WHAT CHANGES IN REGS...I WOULD CHANGE THE SECOND POLE PERMIT DEAL AND LET ALL USE UP TO 3 POLES, 4 ON A BOAT, 3 ON SHORE 4 ON SHORE IF YOU HAVE A KID WITH YOU AND ELIMINATE THE EXTRA COST OF THE POLE PERMIT STICKER SAVE YOU 15 BUCKS FOR TAKING A KID FISHING. I WOULD ALSO THINK UP A REG. THAT WOULD ENCOURAGE "FAMILY" FISHING TIME LIKE BONUS BAG LIMITS FOR HAVING KIDS WITH YOU. I THINK IT COULD BE AN IMPORTANT LINK TO THE CONTINUANCE OF THE SPORT TO GET THE NEXT GENERATION GOING ON IT STRONG AND EXTEND THE HERITAGE.

I WOULD ALSO MAKE A REGULATION THAT IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF PETA YOU WOULD GET ONE FREE GUIDED TRIP WITH TOP BIOLOGISTS TO EXPLAIN TO YOU THAT FISH DONT FEEL PAIN AS WE DO. THE ASSOCIATIONS THEY MAKE BETWEEN BEAST AND HUMAN ARE NOT ONLY UNHEALTHY THEY TREND TO MENTAL ILLNESS. IM NOT A PHSYCOLOGIST take that for what its worth.

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SEE SOME KIND OF FISHING LICENCE CERTIFICATION COURSE TEST THAT WOULD ADDRESS THE ISSUE OF PRESERVING NATURE MAKE IT LIKE A SAFE ANGLERS COURSE SIMILAR TO THE HUNTERS ED. TEACH IN IT TO LOVE NATURE AS FAR AS PICKUP TRASH, BE CURTIOUS TO OTHERS ON THE WATER AND GIVE THEM SPACE SO YOU DONT HINDER THEM(CAN YOU SAY JET SKI OVER YOUR LINE) AND ESTABLISH SOME KIND OF ETHICS FOR LAKE AND STREAM STATE PARKS THAT WOULD HAVE THE GUIDLINES BUILT IN FOR PROPER USE OF THE WILD AREAS WE TAKE FOR GRANTED. WATER SAFETY LIFE JACKET AND ALL THAT...MY KIDS WEAR LIFE JACKETS WHEN WE GO TO WATER TO PLAY OR FISH. I WOULD LIKE THIS TO BE A CLASS THAT PEOPLE WOULD HAVE TO TAKE FOR AN HOUR OR SO BEFORE THEY RECEIVE A LIFETIME NUMBER THEY USE TO BUY A LICENSE TO FISH. I KNOW GUNS ARE A BIT MORE DANGEROUS THAN A ROD AND REEL BUT THEN AGAIN I HEAR OF A TON MORE PEOPLE THAT HAVE RAPALA EARRINGS THAN PEOPLE THAT GOT A NEW HOLE BLASTED IN THEM. TRY FISHING WITH A 6 YEAR OLD.

I WOULD LIKE THE HOODIE, I ALWAYS WELCOME A WARM SHIRT LIKE THAT. OR I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE LONG SLEEVE T SHIRT.
BOTH FOR SAME REASON. I LIKE TO LOOK GOOD AND WHEN A FISH SEES THAT BFT LOGO...I WANT HIM TO KNOW WHO GOT EM!! I ALSO BELEIVE IN SHOWING OFF MY PRIDE, I PASS ALONG THE BFT LINK AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY, AND I THINK A BIG OL LOGO ON MY CHEST( OR MY WIFES BETTER YET) WOULD CERTAINLY FORCE A FEW LOOKS INTO WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT, YES I WOULD SELL BFT WITH SEX EVEN IF THE B AND T WERE A BIT HARDER TO MAKE OUT ON HER THAN ME. I WOULD ALSO JUST LIKE TO TAKE THE CHANCE TO THANK PERSONALLY ALL THE MODS WHO WORK THEIR TAILS OFF TO PRVIDE US WITH ALL THIS SITE HAS TO OFFER, IT IS BECAUSE OF THEIR DEDICATION TO THIS MONSTER NAMED BFT THAT IT IS WHAT WE ENJOY SO MUCH. SOME SHOUTS I HAVE TO MAKE ARE AS FOLLOWS, TD SO MUCH GIVEN I HOPE WE GET A CHANCE TO MEET UP. PETTY AWSOME AND THANKS FOR THE STICKERS. BLM INFO ON THE BEAR LAKE IS UNSURPASSED (EVEN BY TD). AND TO ALL THE MEMBERS OUT THERE, YOU ARE A GREAT BUNCH OF POSTERS HERE, I HAVE ONLY KNOWINGLY ME WITH KENTOFNSL AND ADDICTED2FISHIN I PURCHASED KENTS FINDER, AND MY BOAT CAME FORM ADDICTED. THIS HAS BEEN A BETTER TEACHER THAN ENYTHING I EVER PAID FOR IN COLLEGE GUYS REALLY. ITS NOT JUST THE FISHING INFO HERE, ITS THE LIFE INFO TOO YOU ALL PROJECT A MORAL LESSON WHETHER YOU TRY TO OR NOT, SO THANKS TO ALL...ILL PULL MY NOSE FROM YOUR KEISTERS NOW AND THAT ENDS MY DEMO ON THE VAMPIRE FISH STICKING UP IN YOUR NETHER REGIONS.

LATERS,

BAD FISH

p.s. I am sorry for the caps, i work in caps so i forget about it...if i could change it without retyping it i would.
[size 1][#0000ff]Q. What is the Utah state fish?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A. Bo[/#0000ff][#0000ff]nneville cuthroat[#000000] [/#000000][/#0000ff][/size]
[size 1][#0000ff][#000000][/#000000]
Q. What is your favorite fish...and why?[/#0000ff] [/size]
[size 1][#0000ff]A. In order to give a unique answer, I have to say crappie. Why? Because how could a fish with such a "shitty" sounding name taste so good? [/#0000ff] [/size][size 1]

[#0000ff]Q. What is your LEAST favorite fish...and why?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A. Gizzard shad. Although they are great food for predators they are slimy, stink like no tomorrow, and if you leave them in the gut of your wipers/catfish for too long without cleaning them, then they make the wipers/catfish taste like you would imagine a gizzard shad would taste.[/#0000ff][#0000ff][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Q. What is your favorite fishing hole...and why?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A. Bear Lake. Why? Because I find it intriguing, actually fasinating, that a body of water with bizzare water chemistry and total lack of productivity normally associated with actic areas, could be found so far south (in Utah) in the United States.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Q. What is your favorite KIND of fishing...and why?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A. Its got to be handling for walleyes on the Detroit River in Michigan. This is a technique that is extremely unique in that you don't use a rod, just a spring loaded reel mounted in your boat and a sinker that weighs 1.5 pounds. It doesn't initially appear that a lot of skill is required to do this, but I'd like to see you try fighting a large fish without a rod to bend or a reel with drag. Makes for some exciting times when you are landing a fish next to the boat and it wants to make "one last run". I've even invented a few new English words while fishing this way! (although they can't be mentioned on this site!)[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Q. What changes would you make in the Utah regulations, if you could, and why? [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A. I would like to see the legislature pursue funding for fish and game management by passing a 1/8 of 1 cent sales tax on everything that is bought in the State of Utah. A couple of other states that have went with this method, have fish and game agencies that are well funded and able to do their jobs the way they need to. In addition it isn't only the anglers/hunters who are supporting the resource. The fish and wildgame that live in our state are all residents' responsibility not just anglers/hunters. Show me one person (anti hunters/non hunters/non anglers) who don't think a big buck mule deer is "cool" or a brook trout in spawning colors is not "pretty" and I'll show a bunch of liars! Everyone needs to help support the resources not just the guy/lady with a fishing rod or gun in their hand!!!!!!! [#000000] [/#000000][/#0000ff][/size]
[signature]
1. Bonneville Cutthroat Trout

2. Whatever I can catch. Any fish is better than no fish.

3. Least favorite would have to be trout. They're so....delicate. You can catch them, handle them carefully, and release them, only to see them floating belly up.

4. Pineview. So many different species, and bikinis to boot.

5. Spinning and jigging with bait or lure. Trolling is pretty boring, and flyfishing is too frustrating.

6. Fishing with live bait or corn. I think it would be a kick fishing with a freshly caught chub or shiner at strawberry, or a perch at Pineview. What's the reasoning behind the corn? Seems silly to me.

7. Favorite fishing web site: Big fish tackle.

8. Favorite moderator: Tubedude.
[#ff0000](Sucking up won't help. Others are judging,)[/#ff0000]

I think I deserve extra credit.[sly]
[signature]

2. Walleye Challenging to catch and great great table fare

3. Chubs UGLY STINKY USELESS

4. Lake Powell-FISHERMAN HEAVEN!!!

5. Ice Fishing-Keeps me in shape during winter and gives me some good vitamin D

6. Emergency open Yuba before the perch stunt themselves
[signature]
[size 1]1. Bonneville Cutthroat Trout

2. Bass-They put up a good fight and taste good if you cook em right!

3. Carp-Cant stand em! Why did they get created? They make you think you have a great big, nice fish on so you jump in after it and it turns out to be a big stinky gross carp!

4. Lake Powell-Such a great place to fish! Most of the time you cant get it to the bottom before you have one on!

5. Float Tubing-Relaxing, Not many snags, get right out to the fish and hook em every time!

6. I would change the limits on fish. I think that trout limits should be raised back to eight. Another one that would be nice to have changed would be the slot limits at Strawberry Res. Maybe that way we could keep a fish or two from there! [/size]
[signature]
DA QUIZ:
1. What is the Utah state fish?
2. What is your favorite fish...and why?
3. What is your LEAST favorite fish...and why?
4. What is your favorite fishing hole...and why?
5. What is your favorite KIND of fishing...and why?
(fly fishing, ice fishing, drop shot, trolling, jigging, etc.)
6. What changes would you make in the Utah regulations, if you could, and why?

2. As of right now it is the Large Mouth Bass. I love teh big headshake these little guys do. OR any fish I have caught on a fly rod.

3. Carp & June Suckers. Carp they just seam to take over a water and ruin it for all others and they are UGLY!!! .. June Suckers as they turn what could be a great multi -species water into a not so great a place.

4. I really do not have just one favorite as I just really started doing all this again. 2nd favorite is any water in the summer that has scantly covered wildlife running around. [cool] ( . )( . )

5. I like to fish anything where I am active in it ..ie..Jigging, Spinners and for me trying to fly fish. (I suck at the last one but I like the challenge)

6. 1st Open season on perch in Yuba.

2nd Either Close Linwood during the spawn. Or change to NO TREBLES and have a size restriction on hook sizes. Also actively patrol and enforce the no snagging regs that are also in place. (The last part is not really a reg change but a action)

3rd Change the slot at Strawberry to "ALL Trout"
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1] [/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
1. Bonneville cutthroat trout

2. Rainbow trout.......Fun to reel in and something about that pink stripe shining in the sun on a perfect fishing day that just makes the whole world right.

3. Tiger Muskie.......because I can't catch one! [mad]

4. Strawberry.......Childhood memories make it so much more than just a place to fish. Everytime I go up there, and I get the first glimpse of the lake, my heart starts pumping faster. It's like coming home after a long trip.

5. Jigging off my pontoon........I love the feeling when your holding the pole in your hands and feel a hit. They can't even make a drug that good.

Plus it's like I'm in my own little world out there. Quiet and away from the crowds (unless I'm by the ladders). I'm thinking of throwing out the Lazy boy and just put a pontoon in the family room to watch TV on. I'd have a place for my drink ,snacks and remote. Plus I wouldn't have to get up if the house flooded.

6. Me on the cover holding a HUGE tiger muskie (oh yeah, that's never gonna happen)
[signature]
[#ff0000][size 6]#1: BONNEVILLE CUT THROAT.[/size][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][size 6]#2: PERCH!!!! [/size][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][size 6]I CHASE THEM YEAR ROUND. THEY ARE PLENTIFUL. THEY FEED THE FAMILY WELL. MOMMA MAKES THEM TASTE LIKE NO OTHER. [/size][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][size 6]#3: A FISH I CAN'T CATCH[/size][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][size 6]#4: LAKE X.[/size][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][size 6]BECAUSE IT'S A MERE 12 MILES FROM THE HOUSE. HAS GOOD LAUNCH FACILITIES. ALSO GREAT FISH VARIETY.[/size][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][size 6]#5: "JIGGIN"( WITH THE 'DUDES GOODIES!!)[/size][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][size 6]#6: (WHAT) HOSTING FISHING DERBIES. PERCH AND TROUT ESPECIALLY. LIKE OUR NEIGHBORING STATES. [/size][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][size 6](WHY) MORE FAMILY ORIENTED ACTIVITIES AND A LITTLE SPICE TO LIFE. [/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]

[#0000ff]Bonneville Cutthroat[/#0000ff][/size]
[size 1][#0000ff][/#0000ff][/size]
[size 1][#0000ff]2. What is your favorite fish...and why?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Stripers, they fight hard and are a blast to catch when they boil.[/#0000ff][/size]
[size 1][#0000ff][/#0000ff][/size]
[size 1][#0000ff]3. What is your LEAST favorite fish...and why?[/#0000ff][/size]
[size 1][#0000ff]Any fish that doesn't want to swallow my bait.[/#0000ff] [/size][size 1]

[#0000ff]Lake Powell...there's nothing else like it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Casting for bass, I think its among the most mentally challenging fishing you can do.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]6. What changes would you make in the Utah regulations, if you could, and why?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Mandatory release of all Bass in community ponds, they are a sport fish to be caught and released for fun. Take all the cats and trout you want for food, but leave the bass for me.[/#0000ff][/size]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][#0000ff]1. What is the Utah state fish?[/#0000ff]

Bonneville Cutthroat Trout

Channel Catfish. They grow very large, fight like a freaking truck (I've even had some around 10 pounders jump and leap like a rainbow trout, and one that wrapped me up on a tree, and I uprooted the tree and pulled both fish and tree in with my 30 lb. Fireline!), and are great eating too!

Carp. Nuff said. If it isn't obvious to you, just go to Utah Lake. (Although, they can be fun to catch because of their large size.)

Utah Lake. For the variety of fish, and proximity to my house (less than 20 minutes). I have caught 7 or 8 species in one day at Utah Lake before:

Channel Catfish
Bullhead Catfish
Common Carp
Largemouth Bass
Yellow Perch
White Bass
Bluegill
Walleye

(it also has Black Crappie, June Sucker, an occaional Brown or Rainbow Trout, Green Sunfish, and some others)

Any!!! I love to baitfish, flyfish, spinnerfish, jig, ice-fish, troll, cast, etc. on lakes, ponds, streams, rivers, ocean, anywhere.

I guess if I had to pick a favorite, I'd have to say Float Tubing on stillwater.

[#0000ff]6. What changes would you make in the Utah regulations, if you could, and why?

[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][#000000]I'd make the slot on Strawberry apply to both Cutthroat and Rainbow trout. I'd also make a 50 fish limit of white bass on Utah Lake. [/#000000][/#0000ff][#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]