Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Cat Chat 2021
My buddy got this 42lber yesterday along with some blues also, North Carolina

[Image: 7-FE127-F1-9-DCA-44-C4-84-C0-B8-EC943-D5566.jpg]
Pretty cool.  Used to fish the Cape Fear River near Fayetteville NC when I was stationed at Pope AFB.  Big Cats in that river, eels too.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(04-16-2021, 04:33 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: Pretty cool.  Used to fish the Cape Fear River near Fayetteville NC when I was stationed at Pope AFB.  Big Cats in that river, eels too.
Not sure what water he was on but is west of Fayetteville in Denton, lots of water around there so it looks on the maps
Hey Jeff I had a problem with my new fish finder. It was serious problem that had me wondering if I needed to return it if I still could. But I Googled the manual as mine did not come with one and wow I know I only had about 2 hours of time with it on the lake and I was mostly fishing but it opened my eyes to running it but also doing so with simplicity. It had a couple of buttons on screens that after I got all my kids settled down I had my 14 year old go out at 9:50 p.m. To try and bammm.... My FF works beautifully

So moral of my story I thought of you saying you didn't have a manual with your FF and I'm pretty sure your not in the same boat (pun intended) I was in where you were wanting to rip wiring out and drown it in the deepest spot of fish lake. OK I wasn't that bad but I was close. I simply typed in the unit name and then manual so for mine I typed lowrance hook2 7 manual

Anyway if you know this already I'm sorry to beat a dead horse... If not all then great I'm glad it helps. It' helped me and saved me some sleep....actually it made me jittery cause I want to go fishing with a working FF

(04-16-2021, 01:37 PM)2knots Wrote: My buddy got this 42lber yesterday along with some blues also, North Carolina

That's an awesome catch. I'm jealous
(04-17-2021, 08:30 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Hey Jeff I had a problem with my new fish finder. It was serious problem that had me wondering if I needed to return it if I still could. But I Googled the manual as mine did not come with one and wow I know I only had about 2 hours of time with it on the lake and I was mostly fishing but it opened my eyes to running it but also doing so with simplicity. It had a couple of buttons on screens that after I got all my kids settled down I had my 14 year old go out at 9:50 p.m. To try and bammm.... My FF works beautifully

So moral of my story I thought of you saying you didn't have a manual with your FF and I'm pretty sure your not in the same boat (pun intended) I was in where you were wanting to rip wiring out and drown it in the deepest spot of fish lake. OK I wasn't that bad but I was close. I simply typed in the unit name and then manual so for mine I typed lowrance hook2 7 manual

Anyway if you know this already I'm sorry to beat a dead horse... If not all then great I'm glad it helps. It' helped me and saved me some sleep....actually it made me jittery cause I want to go fishing with a working FF

(04-16-2021, 01:37 PM)2knots Wrote: My buddy got this 42lber yesterday along with some blues also, North Carolina

That's an awesome catch. I'm jealous
Thanks Justin, 
I'll have to search mine out... It said something in the documentation about an online manual, so I was expecting to find it there... I just haven't taken time to do it yet... But I'll try to before I get too concerned with it... Thanks and hope your getting close to getting out... You really haven't missed very much yet, but I'm hoping it will start getting better soon... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
[Image: 20210418-171731.jpg]Windy days keeping me home. So I built a new bump board. post for Okay
[Image: 20210418-171635.jpg]

[Image: 20210418-171650.jpg]

google p photos
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Hey John, difficult to keep ones toes out of photos, huh ?  Big Grin .  That board looks accurate to me, but will need Jeff's official okey-doke.  

You gonna put a slotted back on it to hold the pectoral fin ?    I keep hauling mine out to the river, but not caught a Cat yet (at BRBR) to use it on.  Went out today even with the wind, cuz I just had to get out of the house. Went all the way to the bottom, gate still open, water level up a bit and flowing, WINDY ! For about 45 min. then wind just stopped like someone closed a big door. 

[Image: 014-21-Apr-2021.jpg]

Tried a couple more spots while wind was down for couple hours, managed to land more bait, then wind came up again, and I called it quits. 

[Image: 015.jpg]

Tomorrow looks to be a better day, weather-wise anyway..

Cool
Looks great John, use it. Been thinking about a new one myself, the clear lacquer I poured over my current one to seal it up is starting to crack open and it’s not wide enough for big cats so I think I need a new one too. Later Jeff
Went out fishing with my grandpa for the first time of the season on Friday 4.23.21. We fished on the lower Bear River. It was a great day, had a lot of fun! I caught this catfish... my grandpa didn't catch anything! I kinda messed up a little getting my card in the picture. I'll do better next time! (I'm in the Youth Contest)

[Image: SONY-DSC.jpg]

(04-25-2021, 10:07 PM)IguanasCanCatfish! Wrote: Went out fishing with my grandpa for the first time of the season on Friday 4.23.21.  We fished on the lower Bear River.  It was a great day, had a lot of fun!  I caught this catfish... my grandpa didn't catch anything!  I kinda messed up a little getting my card in the picture.  I'll do better next time!  (I'm in the Youth Contest)

You and your grandpa need to go to your individual contest threads to post contest catfish. 
I'm not sure I can post this one for score because the placard isn't with the fish as stated in the rules, and this Cat Chat thread isn't the place to post contest fish. 

Go to  the link below, scroll to post # 11
https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...pid1116544 
Hey this is Jeff the mutant fish is good for 20.5 points, I can see enough of the placard in the photo I’ll give it a pass. 

Cool
Good start Iguana, keep 'em coming.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Oh boy we got us a contest heating up... Jim put the south back in this thing... Even though John is holding them off with his weekly bumps... Time to get out and catch some big ole burley Cats...  North has the lead 289 to 283.5 with lots of room to bump in the top ten yet...  Here's a little unofficial clip of my score sheet, not to be Confused with Forest's official results... His is the official tally, but I still keep up one for planning purposes you know....  Anyway weather looks perfect to catch big ones tonight... In fact going to take Rich and Alan out after work tonight and crossing our fingers that the cats will be hungry... Good luck everyone... Later Jeff

[Image: AD0-FFEEB-BF4-E-43-BF-84-B1-6-DF2566-B9402.png]
Hello fellow BFT'ers. Looks like the contest is starting to heat up and a few of the bigger ones are being caught. That makes thing fun and interesting. I haven't been out since I caught that last fish. My father had an cardiac ablation where they went through his femoral artery and cauterized arteries on his heart to get it back in rhythm. The day after he got home he fell and laid there all night and lost all his strength. So because he needs 24/7 care he is living with me for the time being. Ive had him for a week and a half and projected to have him another week. He's getting stronger just not there yet. And I hope to fish soon but priorities I suppose lol......
I'm so sorry to hear about his turn for the worse but I'm glad he has you and your family to take care of him.

Except for Jim and a couple of others it doesn't seem like anybody has scooped up all the big fish in the lake lately, so you aren't much behind us. I've been a little sick and my boat has had a little problem so there's my excuses for not getting out yet. We may be ready to hit the water at the same time at this rate.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(05-02-2021, 08:25 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: Hello fellow BFT'ers. Looks like the contest is starting to heat up and a few of the bigger ones are being caught. That makes thing fun and interesting. I haven't been out since I caught that last fish. My father had an cardiac ablation where they went through his femoral artery and cauterized arteries on his heart to get it back in rhythm. The day after he got home he fell and laid there all night and lost all his strength. So because he needs 24/7 care he is living with me for the time being. Ive had him for a week and a half and projected to have him another week. He's getting stronger just not there yet. And I hope to fish soon but priorities I suppose lol......

Sorry to hear prayers sent
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Hey Justin, sorry to hear that for your dad, but it's just fishing, much more important to be there for family... Hope that can be a nice experience for you and your family... glad your dad was okay...
Wow Justin, when it rains it pours.  I hope your dad can recover well in your family's care.  I also hope you continue to do well in your recovery.  Jeff nailed it when he said there are more important things than fishing.  Your family is much more important.
What a weird start we're having this year. I haven't been out once yet and I must have had a hundred by this time last year. Monday I had kidney surgery and as soon as I'm a bit healed up I'm going fishing. The bad news is that they have to go back in for one more stone in a couple of weeks. Then more recovery time. Hold on team, I'm coming!

Craig leave the surgeries to me and just go fishing don't you know lol.....no really I'm sorry you had to go through that, that must have been torture from what I hear. I never want to go through kidney stones. If you need a shore fishing buddy for 1-2 hours I'm available school is about done. Weekends are terrible and I've got a Mesquite trip on May 28 for a week but let me know when your ready.

I made it out with Tyler and we each caught one which I'll post. Strawberry jello chicken is the bait that has been working but if I have time I'll post on the general board.
(05-12-2021, 08:05 PM)catchinon Wrote: What a weird start we're having this year. I haven't been out once yet and I must have had a hundred by this time last year. Monday I had kidney surgery and as soon as I'm a bit healed up I'm going fishing. The bad news is that they have to go back in for one more stone in a couple of weeks. Then more recovery time. Hold on team, I'm coming!

Craig sorry to hear about the stones, man they hurt. But hopefully it’s better than getting one stuck. Good luck on your recovery. Later Jeff