Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge advice
Hi All!

We are thinking about hitting the Gorge for the first time ever this weekend. Anyone care to share some advice on kokanee hotspots? or where to get boat inspected for use on the Wyoming side? I always hear buckboard(sp??) is a good spot for kokes.. thoughts?

Thanks!!

Good luck and tight lines!!
[signature]
i would start down closer to lucerne or the pipe line area this early . buck board is not my favorite area .(to remote ). i'm sure you will find fish good luck .
[signature]
Thanks mtncat. I'll look into those locations!
[signature]
Spots in red we have done well, the 1 area upstream from the launch is either on or way off lol, spots downstream have been better. That’s a big bay down below so unless you have a bigger boat move toward the launch when the wind starts if it comes up
[signature]
Awesome! thanks for map. we just got postponed until later in the season bit this is a keeper!
[signature]
Your welcome hopefully by the end of next month I’ll have some current info
[signature]
AIS Inspection for your boat
Evanston I-80 Port of Entry

Anvil Draw Road at Flaming Gorge Reservoir
Border Check Station
East of Hwy 530

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Fishing-and-Boating...-Locations

buy $30 FG fishing stamp at
The Maverick in Mountain View, WY

are here
https://wgfd.wyo.gov/fishing-and-boating
for your boat you need to buy a $30 AIS stamp

I think the best fishing is on the WY side
buy a
flaming George Res FISH n MAP Most fishing stores sell them

one place to start is the pipe line you will see boats then work north
[signature]
I fished north of Buckboard for 1.5 days in the tournament last week.
Caught 97 fish, the bulk of them 1.5-2.5 lbs.
Missed darn near that many that didn't stick.
[signature]
I am at FG (Manila) now in midst of snow and wind. Fished yesterday in rain and wind. Koke bite is hot and best I have experienced here, most are limiting for two anglers in less than an hour and the kokes are all nice sized ie 18” to 20”. Don’t have to go past pipeline. Seems anywhere is good right now. Pink and yellow/green squids are best colors. Depth at 35’. Weathers bad, but fishing is hot and we have one more day to go! Working on lake trout pups and that fishing is a little slow. Hope this helps. Trueblue
[signature]