Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WB bugs
How do yall combat the ridiculous amount of bugs at WB? Off doesn't seem to be the answer. They're thick when they get on you.
(06-26-2023, 02:49 AM)danell Wrote: How do yall combat the ridiculous amount of bugs at WB? Off doesn't seem to be the answer. They're thick when they get on you.

Most of us wear head nets.
I have found a few well thought out cuss words to at least make me feel better even if it doesn't phase them. Have you tried a face net? That at least keeps them out of your eyeballs and nose.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-26-2023, 02:58 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I have found a few well thought out cuss words to at least make me feel better even if it doesn't phase them. Have you tried a face net? That at least keeps them out of your eyeballs and nose.
Definitely hit them with a few choice words to no avail.. I wore a meshed face mask which was decent, but it sounds like you grin and bear it or fish elsewhere.

Thought it was comical when I looked down to find one crawling inside the reel counter.. smh
I either wear a bug next, long sleeve hooded sun shirt and pants. Or I go hunt walleyes elsewhere....their possibly bigger elsewhere too  Big Grin
I’m planning on trying permethrin. Has anyone tried it? I haven’t yet, but I will report back as to how it works for me. I can deal with them midday, but I’m trying to night fish WB and it seems worse.
(06-26-2023, 03:01 PM)TrickyFish Wrote: I’m planning on trying permethrin. Has anyone tried it? I haven’t yet, but I will report back as to how it works for me. I can deal with them midday, but I’m trying to night fish WB and it seems worse.

I have and it didn't seem to help. I do use a thermacell for mosquitos but it doesn't seem to help the gnats and midges.
Over the years we have tried everything, unless something new comes out, head nets work the best, the kinds that fully cover your head.
(06-26-2023, 03:24 PM)WalleyeAl Wrote:
(06-26-2023, 03:01 PM)TrickyFish Wrote: I’m planning on trying permethrin. Has anyone tried it? I haven’t yet, but I will report back as to how it works for me. I can deal with them midday, but I’m trying to night fish WB and it seems worse.

I have and it didn't seem to help. I do use a thermacell for mosquitos but it doesn't seem to help the gnats and midges.

How effective is the thermacell on the mosquitos? I can deal with everything but mosquitos. I don’t like being bit, and the risk of disease is there.
(06-26-2023, 05:42 PM)TrickyFish Wrote:
(06-26-2023, 03:24 PM)WalleyeAl Wrote:

How effective is the thermacell on the mosquitos? I can deal with everything but mosquitos. I don’t like being bit, and the risk of disease is there.

Certainly not 100% effective but it helps a good 50% as long as you are down wind of the unit.
Just wait till the w*#% is blowing Big Grin
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(06-26-2023, 08:37 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: Just wait till the w*#% is blowing Big Grin

This time of year that's the best solution, as long as it isn't too strong.