Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Cal Castaic Lake Tubing Report 6/12
[size 1]I got to Castaic Lake at the opening hour of 5:30am. Little Tubie was under the weather and missed out on a nice trip.

Got the tube inflated and on the water with all the goodies and got my craft in postion on the other side of the lake by 5:55. (kicked hard and fast) The water temp was 73degrees, clear and calm. Outside air temp was around 75

Topwater action was already slowed down so I went to the bottom. By 6:45 I hooked into my first LMB. 8 1/2lb

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5030;]

6:55 the second. 7 1/4lb

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5029;]

7:15 the third. 10lb

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5031;]

I had a few hard hit-n-spit fights after that but nothing to bring to the camera and scale.

The big LMB females are out and about. It was a nice day. Left arond 11:00am. Water temp was now 83 and outside air temp 90. All fish were released. [/size]
[signature]

Hi there TubeN2,

Nice fishes. If you catch any much bigger, from the looks of your (and mine too actually), you're gonna sink the ship! Seriously, looks like lots of goodies on that guy.

Good for you!

JapanRon
[signature]
I would love to sink my ship with a bigger one. That's what the PDF is for. ha ha. I told my son that "IF" I was to hook into Tommy from the tube, I would have no problem diving in and wrastle him on his own grounds (waters).
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic Sans MS"] Hey tubN2, real nice fish. This is my first time posting in Calf. but I have been watching for a report about Castaic Lake. I've been thinking about loading my boat up and making a trip down (over) to that neck of the woods. After seeing those fish, I may have to step up efforts to make it happen. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "comic Sans MS"] David, from Vegas [/font] [/size]
[signature]
Well come on over. The water is nice and warm. There are plenty of fish to catch. I even have an extra float tube if you feel adventurous.[cool]
[signature]