Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 6-19-04 ... "Fish Story"
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Probably one of my two biggest goals this year is to get a picture of MRS COOT holding a tiger musky that she caught. Came dang close today but because of my screw up, we missed the chance of a lifetime.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We put in at Pineview at about 7:00 am Saturday morning. Our target was tigers. We trolled browning points, swim beach, cemetery point, and the narrows. We had just passed the launching ramp over in the upper south arm when wam! Fish Onnnnn. Mrs. Coot was loosing line fast! Good thing we had practiced the scenario the night before in the back yard. She did darn good. Heck, she even stayed sitting in her seat! I'm standing up yelling "YA GOT YOUR TIGER ….. YA GOT YOUR TIGER!!" She was showing signs of wrist fatigue and complained a bit. I told her to buck up and horse it all the way in. I said "if you are going to be a member of the tiger catcher's club, ya got to bring it in by yourself". With that comment, she bucked up and got it to the boat. I grabbed the net to scoop it up. But that big boy just wasn't going to fit the small opening. As I tried, it was floppin and flippin and GOT OFFFFFFFF!!!!!!! No tiger in the boat …. No pictures for framing …. Just one pissed off net man. Mrs. coot did her job with fantastic fanese. But the net man blew it totally. You see … to make things even worse, right next to me was my cradle net. Mrs. Coot just looked at me and said "well, I guess that now it's just a FISH STORY".[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]That tiger was in the neighborhood of 33-36 inches.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I asked her if she would be willing to take next Friday off to try again and she said "sure". What a friend.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Hey Old Coot, I wish I could have seen that . Shame on you for not using the cradle net. ( DUH ) I guess I need to get up there and to get my first Musky. Sorry mrs. Coot lost her first Musky, but glad to hear that she is a real Trooper and will try again. Good for you.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Thats too bad, but I would still call it a catch, the only difference was getting some pictures and measuring it. It also gives you another chance to get out fishing with you wife. I sure wish my wife liked to fish, I think you and all the guys on BFT are lucky if your spouse likes to get on the water and chase those fish. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]That sucks! That reminds of Terry on BL when he was having a real tough time getting his mack in the net. Dude, you got to get a bigger net! Congrats to Mrs. Coot (noticed I left off the "Old" part). The net man knows better too! HA! Good Luck next Friday![/size][/font]
[signature]
[size 3]I think you did it on purpose so you could take the wife out for even a bigger musky!!! LOL[Tongue][/size]

[size 3]Congrat's Mrs. Coot, I bet the thrill of reeling that bad boy in was worth more than any picture!![/size]

[size 3]Do not get mad at yourself Old Coot my friend, accidents happen, just be glad you hooked into one!! Shows you know the technique to find em so you can do it again!![/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the great story Old_coot. Congrats to Mrs. Coot for fighting the good fight! That's just too bad you'll have to go out fishing....again.....[Wink]
[signature]
hey dont feel bad. that was just a boat side release. and thats better for the fish anyway. "thats what I keep telling myself" but way to go. so what lure were you using? also pm me with you address I have some stuff to send you for the team if you still are in.
[signature]
[cool]Damn, what a drag and yet a thrill at the same time! Sounds like you need to get a bigger net, old coot![pirate] You'll get into em again, big fella! Sounds like your wife is a heck of a fisherman though!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]For me and the wife it sure was a memory maker. Like I said, I had the correct net right beside me ... a 5 ft cradle net. I have to admit that the reason I didn't pick it up was because at first I figured she had probabily snagged a carp. Then when it got closer to the boat I figured it was just a smaller tiger. It wasn't until I tried to fit 34 inches of stiff fish through a 20 inch hole did I realize I was doing the wrong thing. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I sure enjoyed each of you guy's replies. Like I said, a "memory maker" and a "lesson learner".[/size][/font]
[signature]