Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Rejects PeTA Message
Community Rejects PeTA Message

GALVESTON, TX—An anti-fishing billboard placed along Interstate 45 in Galveston, Texas, will be removed because of numerous complaints from motorists, Viacom Outdoor announced last week. The billboard featured a photo of a dog with a fish hook through its lip with the accompanying message, "If you wouldn't do this to a dog, why do it to a fish?"

The billboard, paid for by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PeTA), went up earlier this month and was the first in the group's national anti-fishing campaign.
[signature]
They had the very same billboard here in Utah. Actually it was put up about 3-4 years back on a road going to Lake Powell. Folks here had the same reaction. I don't think anyone was converted from a fisherperson to a non-fisherperson by their campaign.
[signature]
Those people need to get a life!
[signature]
I think its kinda funny , let me explain : When my dog was a pup , I use to play with her in the water , I casted a bobber out (no hook ) and let her chase it !! But then one time I took her fishing , and when I was casting a rapala , she latched on to it !! Poor dog , it took me a few minuetes before I got her settled down enough to cut the barb off !! I learned something that day !!!

>
[signature]
Poor puppy! Did she learn her lesson? Don't hang out with big daddy while he's fishin'?
[signature]
That was many moons ago grasshopper , but every now and then it comes back to mind and I think about all the times we shared ! I sure miss that dog ! Its buried next to the river underneath a tree I bowhunted out of !! Its changed owners since then , and they don't let anyone in there , so I can only visit her in my mind !!

>
[signature]
The closeness that you developed with your pup friend was undoubtedly a special relationship. How could peta compare that to a relationship and feelings of a fish? Their is no comparison, your pup was your probably your best friend, hard to find that kind of loyalty out of a fish. Sorry for your loss flag. [url "javascript: addTag(':/')"][unsure][/url]..
[signature]
Sorry to hear, master. I know what it's like to lose such a close companion. Had to get rid of two when I was in high school. One was bit right on the edge of the spine by a black widow spider. The other one succumbed to cancer.
[signature]