Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Report 9-27
Fished Strawberry with Petty4life and cableguy today. The fishing was relatively slow, but consistent. We caught fish all day long, but never fast and furious. We seemed to catch them on a wide variety of lures and jigs. Most fish were caught up high though. We only pulled one from down low. We also stopped and jigged at several different places, including Mud Creek and Renegade, but no one place seemed to hold more fish. We didn't mark many on the finder either. We ended up putting about 15 fish in the boat, all cutts, and all went back to fight another day. Here are a couple of pics.
[inline pettyber04.jpg]

[inline beeber04.jpg]
[signature]
THanks for the report.
JOE
[signature]
heres a story for ya. tkb had a small lure on and we where trolling and it stayed on top of the water i pointed it out to him and he said well it aint like where catching fish anyway it wasnt 2-3 minutes later and his lure went under and his rod did a bendover. he caught on of those rare top water trout. its always a pleasure to fish with tkb and cableguy, thanks for a fun day.
[signature]
Thanks for the report TKB...

I and MommaBaruu are heading up to the Berry tomorrow and will definitely be prepared for fishing the top 5-6 foot of water. As you mentioned it's a Cutt only outing... but that's still some fun fishing with light spin-rigs and tackle.

hope to see you there sometime - PB
[signature]
I had a good time. The fishing could have been faster but it still beat a day at work. Here are a few more pics.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6506;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6507;]
[signature]
THANKS FOR THE REPORT. GREAT PICTURES. GLAD TO SEE YOU GUYS DID SO WELL. WE HAD A GREAT DERBY (SEE STRAWBERRY DERBY REPORT). THE MARINA SAID SATURDAY THERE WERE MORE BOATS ON THE LAKE THAN THE 4TH OF JULY. FISHON......
[signature]