Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 1/2/05 (report)
Met HA69 at strawberry this morning. Fished from 8:00-2:00. Like reported yesterday the ice has a lot of slush on top. In some cases when you drilled your hole it would be 2" under water.

The fishing was slower for me today only landed 6 fish, one of them was a nice 24" cutt. Some people did a little better than me and others did a little worse. Turned out to be a good day on the ice and there was no wind today.

Heres a pic of the 24" cutt that was released for someone else to catch another day and another cutt that HA69 caught that has a hunchback.
[signature]
Catching was not great today but brought eight to the top . No trophies for me . Sweet fish Mike . Only seen a couple small wet spots out in the snow on the ice . So I think it is close to being capped . Mike did you see where you would of had to park for Mud Creek ? Long walk to just the ice . Seen people all the way across the ice to Haws Point but they did not go across the ice to get there . Must of went around the edge of the lake is my guess . 4wheelers getting stuck soon as they get on the ice but the snowmobiles seem to get by fine .
[signature]
looks good my man....wished I could of gone with ya!
[signature]
Thanks for the report Mike and way to go on the nice cutt. The last time I caught a nice cutt like that from the Berry was after it was opened to fishing following the poisoning. I wonder what the deal is with the humpback cutt, maybe his head hasn't caught up with his body. Did you drag your ice shed out onto the ice and if you did how far did you make it?
[signature]
[green][size 2]Why were your hats all white? Were you two a wrestlin'? Nice pics guys.

I saw that yesterday around Mudcreek. Whats up with the parking?

TKB and I are heading up to Heaven at o'dark thirty. I 'm thinking of Jake's Chicken.
[/size][/green]

[signature]
Mike, Randy,

You too are true fisherman... wish my life style allowed for the fun times that you too have! Great report and nice catches!

If I ever get caught up on my honey-doos and work, I too will be fishing the hard water!
[signature]
Those are some cool pics! Thanks for the update.
[signature]
Didn't drag an ice tent out it was tough enough draging a sled. When the snow has that much moisture in it and it doesn't freeze solid it makes mobilizing tough.
[signature]
MGB,
Nice fish!!!!!!!
[signature]
your day sounds about like my day.. i hit mud creek yesterday.. fishing was slow but stedy all day.. i got 6 on the ice 1 fish that was 25" cutt.. lost 6 or 7 at the hole..

but unlike your's i keep my fish.. it was just so well colored and nice looking i'm going to put in on my wall..

dude on fish?
Ron
[signature]
I hit Jakes bay with polokid, hegotaway and vettdude. fishing was slow for us only put 3 on the ice. we got ther at 7:30 Rob said the temp was -7 . we fished till noon. mateo came a little bit after we got there I dont think he had iced any fish when we left but he did catch Robs lab with a chartruse paddle bug.
[signature]
I didn't measure the lab, but it was over the slot limit, and I released it for someone else to catch another day.[Smile]

We had a few bites, but no hookups. I would have liked to have gone out farther, but walking through knee deep snow was a bigger chore than I thought it would be. We saw fish coming through on the finder as we were packing up to leave. Story of my life.
[signature]