Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STRIPERS!!!!!!!
Going to Lake Powell tonight for a few days, hopefully come back with a couple hundred stripers...will let you all know when I get back.
[signature]
Good luck man, sure wish I was goin' with ya. I've lived in Utah for more that 25 years and have never fished Powell. If I don't croak in the next year, I'm gonna change that.
[signature]
Well, in 3 1/2 days at Powell we saw a grand total of ZERO boils. It's just not happening yet, or maybe the timing/weather was affecting the fish. We did however come home with about 60 fish or so, we didn't really keep count. Caught 4 or 5 nice smallies and 1 largemouth and a couple of real small cats and sunfish. A lot of the big stripers were super thin and unhealthy, there were a few that were nice and fat though. The little guys were all over and extremely aggressive. We had our best success for big ones at the Moqui canyon wall and the little ones were schooled up in Slick Rock canyon. All were caught on anchovies, one with a small spinner. My smallies were on lizards. The funniest thing we had ever seen happened the last day of the trip, we started out at Halls were I pulled in a couple of smallies, then it was off to go striper fishing...when we got done that day we opened the cooler and I thought, something looks funny so I pulled the big smallie out of the ice and he had tried to eat one of the stripers... IN THE COOLER!!!! See attached pic, I swear we did not set it up, that how it was when we pulled him out of the cooler. What goes thru a fishes dying mind that would urge him to eat in a cooler full of ice. Even though we didn't see any boils it was a great trip. Going back next month, hopefully boil hunting. Here's some pics...
[signature]
Too bad you didn't find any boils to abuse, but it looks like you managed a nice mess of fish anyways! Cool pic of the smallie chompin on the striper!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] I really need to get my butt down there for some of that action.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
great report and pictures. looks like you had a grand time.
thanks for sharing. [cool]
[signature]
Yea we had a blast, I can't wait to go back.
[signature]