Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek 12/9 non-report
Fished Soldier Creek this morning (the bay close to highway 40) with smittyts, his daughter and my grandson. We were on the ice at first light, but might as well slept in. Tony caught one cutt, I missed one bite, and between Tony and his daughter they missed two other bites. We saw a few fish, on our fish finders, cruise but not many. Fished in water from about 12' to 25 feet deep, and moved around and tried several areas. Called it a day at Soldier Creek at about 10:00 AM. The ice was about 6 inches thick, and there was about 1 inch of snow on the ice, so the conditions were ideal. The ice only extends to the first large point on the east side of the bay. Chicken Creek and around The Ladders there was only a little ice on the shore, or in the protected areas it looked like it was maybe 1/2 inch thick.
[signature]
Sounds like a real tough day Kent. Sorry it didn't work out better for the kids. It is always nice to have a good day when you have little ones with you.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Kent,read a lot of other reports on Strawberry that had the same story.Must be I will have to go up there and get them started for you[Wink]
[signature]
My, oh, my!!! I always thought the fish were in awe of The Great and Powerful Kent!! (Pay no attention to the man behind the ice hut!)
Maybe when the Ladders freezes up, things will get better.
At least you had time with the grandson - can't beat that - great fishing but no catching.
[signature]
Don't feel too sorry for the kids, they didn't catch any fish at Soldier Creek, but anyone who has ever fished with me knows that I never call it a day at 10:00 AM. We moved onto another unnamed body of water and the kids (young and old alike) caught fish one right after another. We finished the day with a triple.
[signature]
Even though the morning was rough, it was nice to end on a positive note. Anna had a great time. I never get tired of watching her face as she reels in a fish. She is still talking about the huge one that got off right at the hole. We could se him through the ice. I was salivating too. We'll have to go again some time.
[signature]
[cool]Glad to hear it went better at "an undisclosed body of water." I have a feeling I know right where you went for plan B. So, did you just catch a bunch of planter 'bows there, or did you get some perch or browns too?
[signature]
Pictures added
[signature]