Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon coast
Anyone here do much fishing on the south Oregon Coast? I have a buddy in Medford who is beckoning me to come over, and I was wondering if it would be worth a trip to the coast from there. Surf fishing, or from bank/rocky cragged beach, no vessel.
[signature]
Check out this website:

[url "http://www.wogameandfish.com/fishing/saltwater-fishing/"]http://www.wogameandfish.com/fishing/saltwater-fishing/[/url]

This will give you a little insight as to what's the deal over yonder. [Tongue] But, from what I can see, if you don't have a boat, you can pretty much forget about catching anything trophy worthy. Now, I could be wrong, but it sure looks that way. I know Oregon has Halibut, West Coast Sheepshead, Blues, and things of that nature. But i'm pretty sure you're not going to find the likes of those species surf casting off of the beach. If you plan on making that trip, i'd be planning on taking a charter. For the money, it would make your trip way more exciting and instead of leaving frustrated and beat, you'll head to the house glad you made the trip. Even if you don't do but one fishing trip, make it worth while. If you're interested, check out the trip planning/ charter review board and we'll find you a charter, hotel, give you a current fishing report and the whole nine yards. [cool]
[signature]
Thanks a lot for info--I'll do some more research. Appreciate the link!
[signature]
If you get up there during the right season you can sometimes get Salmon from the surf. Some of the more popular species would include the Halibut, Surf Perch and a few types of Skates and Rays.[cool]
[signature]
Any idea where I can get more info on surf perch and salmon from the coast there?
[signature]
Dude, check out the trip planning board. I just got some more info for a guy on Florence, Oregon. I posted a high speed fishing report on there for him. No much in the way of lodging in that area. I also posted one for you already. I was looking more specific info on the area in S. Oregon so I could attempt to find you alternate lodging if the State Park's wasn't something you'd be interested in. Check it out and shoot a post on the board. [cool]
[signature]