Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homestead canal reports
Hey guys, lately I've been having a lot of time on my hands to get out to give you these reports. The peacock bite has picked up quite a bit within the past couple of weeks in these canals. On the 10th I went out and managed to pluck out 5 of 7 peacocks within a 30-minute time period. The other 2 of 7 were foul-hooked and do not consider them caught. I also managed to complete a 2/3's canal slam by landing a largemouth. Everything was caught on a black/gold XR-8 (x-rap), an old floating MirroLure, and Zoom Super Flukes. A couple of days before that I managed 3 peacocks, 1 weighing over 4lbs. Also managed to get a largemouth. On that note, the largemouth bite has yet to pickup signifigantly. And snook sightings are becoming more common but it's been a while since I plucked one out using artificials. Since that's all I use. I have heard of shiners being used to get them, but I'm not a live bait person. Well that's that, I hope this was helpful. Take care.
[signature]
Way to go Dave, with reports like that you should be a guide. I'm not sure how you could convince clients that you were going to take them by car but who knows you might have be the first to guide without a boat.
[signature]
You know that crazy idea popped into my head too. But I thought if I were to do that I wouldn't charge a thing. I would just want to see people having a good time, since that's what I'm all about anyway. I fish to have a good time, plus I've already got a job...lol. I just wish I could be getting the snook and tarpon down here. That's the thing draggin' me down since those are the two species I want to catch lots of.
[signature]