Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work
I recieved this in my email, and don't know if I think it will work or not but figured I would try it and pass it along because I have nothing to loose by trying.

[font "Arial"][size 2]This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worth your consideration.[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2] [/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action.[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us![/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace, not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]How?[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!![/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!![/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]That's all![/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2](If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people....[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.) :-)[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON / MOBILUNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK!!![/size][/font]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
[font "Arial Black"][#ff4040][size 3]Sounds like a pretty good idea.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'm doing my part. I haven't stopped at one of their stations in many years.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The only flaw is that those companies sell surplus to many independent companies, at reduced prices...when they have surplus. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A boycott will only affect the owner operators of the individual stations...many who are nice folks who have their life savings tied up in their stations and who have nothing to do with oil prices. In fact, most of them are sympathetic too, because they really care about providing good service to their local area customers. The boycott would ruin many independent business owners and do nothing to the major oil companies. For them it will still be business as usual.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[left][font "Arial"][#008000][size 5]I went into the mobil gas station today they have a pre-pay pump and when I[/size][size 3] [/size][size 5]asked for five dollars worth of gas.[/size][/#008000][#000000][size 3] [/size][/#000000][/font][/left] [center][font "Arial"][#000000][size 3][/size][/#000000][/font][#008000][size 3][font "Arial"][/font]

[/size][/#008000][#008000][size 5][font "Arial"]The clerk farted and gave me a receipt.[/font][/size][/#008000][#000000][size 3][font "Arial"] [pirate]
[/center][/font]
[/size][/#000000]
[signature]
Finaly a tool is in the planning.

as every one know by now tomarow exon mobil must file its firs quarter finincial report with its record profits ever.

any one who uses a car, heats a house, rides a buss, buys food at a mart, puts a kid on a school buss should check this out.

you can also copy this and send it to your congressmen and senators and demand they get on the stick with this.

Senator Seeks Lower Gas Prices
By Dave LewAllen
Web produced by Sarah Morgan

April 24, 2006
Rising gas prices are putting a dent in the pocketbooks of many Michigan residents. Monday, Senator Debbie Stabenow called for action in Washington by introducing a bill that would offer some relief for motorists.
As gas prices in many areas near $3, Senator Debbie Stabenow (D) is calling for action and accountability.
"There has to be some accountability somewhere for this because it shouldn’t just be more and more money coming out of the pockets of people that are trying to take care of their family and go to work," said Stabenow.
The Oil Company Accountability Act would repeal $5 billion in tax breaks for oil companies and would provide families with an immediate $500 rebate to offset high energy costs.
"It’s a house payment, a car payment, the cost of paying for books to go to college. You’re talking about a very significant amount of money. I think it’s outrageous what is happening and we as taxpayers should not be subsidizing one more penny of these outrageous oil company profits," said Stabenow.
Senator Stabenow plans to introduce the bill, Monday, and is hoping for the support of her colleagues and quick action to provide some relief for motorists.
[center][url "http://javascript:popup('http://mas.scripps.com/WXYZ/2006/04/24/0604241202_e.jpg',350,450)"][Image: 0604241202_d.jpg][/url]
[Image: spacer.gif]
Senator Debbie Stabenow said gas prices are becoming outrageous and it's time for someone to take accountability.
[/center]
[center][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 1][Image: video.gif] REAL VIDEO [/size][/font]
[url "http://www.wxyz.com/wxyz/nw_local_news/article/0,2132,WXYZ_15924_4646622,00.html"]Dave LewAllen reports from Southfield Michigan [/url][/center] [center][/center] [center]

[/center] [center]Granholm Lower Gas Prices Online Petition [/center]

By 7 Action News
April 21, 2006
LANSING – In the face of possible record high prices for a gallon of gas, Governor Jennifer M. Granholm today asked Michigan motorists to join her in calling on President Bush to support a cap on excessive oil company profits. The Governor unveiled a Lower Gas Prices online petition at [url "http://www.michigan.gov/lowergasprices"]www.michigan.gov/lowergasprices[/url]

"Michigan drivers may soon be paying an average of $3 or more for a gallon of gas, and it’s time for President Bush and the leadership in Washington to start protecting us from the skyrocketing cost of gasoline," Granholm said. "It's just not right that oil companies should be allowed to hold customers hostage to outrageously expensive gas while they rake in billions of dollars in record-setting profits.

"If you agree with me that we need relief at the pump now, please join me in signing an online petition calling on the President to cap excessive gasoline profits," Granholm said.

Granholm noted that oil prices have increased 240 percent since President Bush’s inauguration in January 2001, and the average price for unleaded gasoline is 64 cents higher than this time last year. Those increases have come shortly after Exxon Mobil is reporting a $36.1 billion profit, making it one of the most profitable corporations in the world – larger than the next four companies on the Forbes 500 list, combined.

Granholm said 95 percent of service stations in Michigan are locally owned and operated, and even though many of them display oil company signs, they are struggling with these high costs, too.

"Our focus is not the local service station owner but the profits being banked by the oil companies, and that’s why nearly eight months ago, I and a group of other concerned governors, urged the President to take action to bring down the sky-high prices of gasoline," Granholm said. "We urged the President to bring down the price of gas by capping oil profits and using federal anti-trust laws to prosecute companies pocketing extra profits at the expense of consumers in the wake of disasters like Hurricane Katrina."

The governors also asked Congress to investigate energy profiteering and pass legislation requiring oil companies to refund excess oil profits to consumers.
Granholm said the online petitions will be sent to the President.

This is just the latest in a series of actions Granholm has taken to protect consumers from rising gas prices in addition to calling on the President to cap oil profits in September 2005 and again in her 2006 State of the State message. Over the past three years, Granholm has:

• increased gas pump inspections and called for legislation to require gas station operators prove their pumps have been calibrated and are working properly when they apply for renewal of their operator’s license – state law requires that licenses are renewed annually;

• sent a letter to the federal Commodities Futures Trading Commission requesting they conduct an inquiry into all contributing factors in price spikes, including any role speculators have played in driving the inflation-adjusted price of oil and gasoline toward historic high levels;

• signed executive orders temporarily suspending state laws restricting the supply of gasoline and increasing the diesel fuel supply and called on Marathon Oil Corporation to reduce the price of gas for Michigan customers, an action that resulted in an immediate drop in the price of gas by the company – steps taken in the wake of Hurricane Katrina;

• directed the Michigan Department of Agriculture to conduct routine surveys of gasoline prices and directed the department to refer information about potential unfair pricing practices to prosecutors for possible legal action – a step that led to the felony conviction of a Macomb County service station caught defrauding customers;

• supported legislation to add a legal cause of action to the Michigan Consumer Protection Act that would expressly ban the practice of price gouging during states of emergency declared by the Governor.

[#bf0000]Sign Now to Lower Gas Prices![/#bf0000]
[#bf0000][/#bf0000]
Michigan drivers are again facing the reality of $3-per-gallon gas - it’s time for President Bush and leaders in Washington to stop watching and start protecting us from the skyrocketing cost of gasoline! It's just not right that big oil companies should be allowed to hold customers hostage to outrageously expensive gas; they rake in billions in record-setting profits while consumers are left with no option but to pay ever-increasing prices.
Consider these facts: [ul] [li]The average price for unleaded gasoline is 64 cents higher than the same time last year.
[li]ExxonMobil reported a $36.1 billion in profit, making it the largest corporation in the world and larger than the next four companies on the Forbes 500 list combined.
[li]Oil prices have increased 240 percent since George Bush’s inauguration in January 2001. [/li][/ul]
Nearly eight months ago, I and a group of concerned Governors urged the President to take action to bring down the sky-high prices of gasoline at America's gas pumps. We urged the President to bring the price of gas down for consumers by capping oil profits and using federal anti-trust laws to prosecute any companies pocketing extra profits in the wake of disasters like Hurricane Katrina. We also asked Congress to investigate energy profiteering and pass legislation requiring oil companies to refund excess oil profits to consumers.
If you agree with me that consumers need relief now, please join me in signing this online petition to the President urging him to cap excessive gasoline profits.

[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#ffffff][size 2][url "http://www6.dleg.state.mi.us/parsers/govparser.asp"]Sign-up
to lower gas prices
[/url][/size][/#ffffff][/font]
[signature]
I couldn't sign up fast enough. I had no idea we subsidized those companys. What a kick in the backside to find that out. Kinda sounds like the early 70's again. [Tongue]
[signature]
i signed up.it would be nice if every member did.
[signature]
i cant wait untill the election so we can start dealing with venezuela
[signature]
I personally focus on the money that Uncle Sam gets from each gallon of gas and the amount of work that Uncle Sam does to earn such a "profit". Why isn't there an "investigation" on where all the money goes that Uncle Sam gets from each gallon of gas and how it is spent?? Oil companies get around 6-10 cents a gallon...Uncle Sam get 60-70 cents!
The cost of a gallon of gas with inflation considered (value of the dollar and all that crap) has gone up around 60 % since 1982. Yet the wages of those wonderful hard working folks we have in Washington has gone up over 200%....blah, there's so much information out there.
The oil companies make 6-8% profit on average....other 'successful' companies typically make 10-25%. Banking industries make a TON of money...where's the outcry from the politicians on their profit margins?? Why isn't there an investigation?? I could go on and on...

Man, the cost of fuel is killin me as well...i'm just a regular guy who spends a LOT of money on fuel. I drive as a part of my work.

Those good-for-nothings in Washington should be fixing the bleeping problem, open up Anwar, open up the Gulf (tell those enviro-nuts to go ride a bike or something!), invest in alternative energies and...QUIT sending money to countries that want to see the USA destroyed. No, they would rather jump up on a soap box and try to maintain their power, point their greedy fingers at an easy target, rather than do what is right for you and for me.

my 2cents

cyas
rc
[size 3]There was an article on our local news last night, according to their accounts the oil company makes 9 cents per gallon every time they handle it.

That is they make [/size] [ul] [li][size 3]9 cents for every gallon the pump out of the ground [/size][/li] [li][size 3]9 cents for every gallon sold on the world market [/size][/li] [li][size 3]9 cents for every gallon for every gallon they buy back from the world market [/size][/li] [li][size 3]9 cents for every gallon for every gallon of crude processed [/size][/li] [li][size 3]9 cents for every gallon of processed fuel delivered [/size][/li] [li][size 3]9 cents for every gallon for every gallon sold at thier stations.[/size][/li][/ul]
This dose not account for the money they made by buying back the oil from them selves that they have placed on the world market to begin with.

That is a marketing program that they have put in place to legally inflate oil prices.

In recent years past the government has removed the laws set in place blocking or raising the amount oil companies are guaranteed in profits.

I agree with you that there is a problem in our government from the get-go. What I mean red flags should have been flying up every where when our government says there are jobs that Americans wont do so we need to flood our labor force with illegal aliens. I for one had to compete with those jobs from illegal aliens; I had to work for less than the wages paid to illegal aliens in order to have a job. Yet mind you that our politicians won’t work for less and they expect us to. Now how do you figure on that one?

Just before and then just after every election our politicos vote them selves a raise grater than the rate of inflation.

When they cry our social security problem is in financial ruins, this is true, go down to the social security office and look at all the illegal aliens sitting in line to get benefits and medical aid. It has been a long time practice since the Regan and Bush administration that it has been against the law for any one in the social security administration to turn in any illegal alien and it was also illegal to turn away any illegal alien from receiving benefits.

It dose make me a little steamy under the collar some times when they get up on that podium and just down out lie to us and Smile and say this is good for America.

it makes me scratch my head and wonder what America they are talking about, that is not the America that my ancestors fought and died for during the American revolution, that is what we fought mad king George over to begin with....
[signature]
here is a copy of a chain letter I got today, I think you might get a kick out of this...

[font "Arial"] [/font]
[font "Georgia"][size 6]MR. PRESIDENT, I'M HEADED TO [/size][/font][font "Georgia"][size 6]MEXICO[/size][/font] [indent] [center][font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font] [/center]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Georgia"][size 3]David M. Bresnahan
[/size][/font][font "Georgia"]April 1, 2006[/font][font "Georgia"]
NewsWithViews.com [/font]
[font "Georgia"][/font]
[font "Georgia"][size 3]Dear President Bush: [/size][/font]
[font "Georgia"][size 3]I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family, and I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across the border from the [/size][/font][font "Georgia"]U.S.[/font][font "Georgia"] into [/font][font "Georgia"]Mexico[/font][font "Georgia"], and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can help with this. [/font]
[font "Georgia"][size 3]I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. [/size][/font]
[font "Georgia"][size 3]So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know that I will be expecting the following: [/size][/font]
[font "Georgia"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Georgia"][size 3]1. Free medical care for my entire family.
2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.
3. All government forms need to be printed in English.
4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.
5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.
6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.
7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.
8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.
9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.
10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak English. [/size][/font]

[font "Georgia"][size 3][/size][/font][font "Georgia"][size 3]11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.
12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and don’t enforce any labor laws or tax laws.
13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place on the economy[/size][/font]

[font "Georgia"][size 3]I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all the people who come to the [/size][/font][font "Georgia"]U.S.[/font][font "Georgia"] from [/font][font "Georgia"]Mexico[/font][font "Georgia"]. I am sure that Pres. Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely. [/font]
[font "Georgia"][size 3]However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail hunting with your V.P. [/size][/font]
[font "Georgia"][size 3]Thank you so much for your kind help. [/size][/font]
[font "Georgia"][size 3]Sincerely, [/size][/font]
[font "Georgia"][black][size 3]David M. Bresnahan[/size][/black][/font][/indent]
[signature]
hey thanks for sharing that information. That seems to make sense in today's world....well with all the other misleading informaiton that one runs into anyway...heck i don't really know what to believe anymore sometimes.

well, heck i'm gonna go fishing!

cyas
rc
[font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000]With gas prices through the roof, I was thrilled to get some great mileage news.[/#000000][/font] [font "Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#000000]A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year.

Another study found that Americans drink an average of 22 gallons of beer a year.

That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles per gallon.[/#000000][/font]
[center][Image: 20061020beer.jpg][/center]
[signature]