Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press one for English?
I know a lot of us get tired of this but now there is a song expressing our feeling, enjoy folks.
[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0"][font "Courier New"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0[/font][/url]
[signature]
[center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Thanks wiperhunter2 - I had seen that flick several times before and will watch it again when it comes around. [/size][/green][/font][/center] [center][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Press 1 for English, press 2 to return from whence you came.[Wink][/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
I'm glad noone said that to my ancestors when they came here from Denmark! [shocked][cool][Tongue]
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Both my parents were born in Europe. They were most anxious to learn English. Needless to say most homes in those days didn't even have a phone. It probably wouldn't have made any difference as many of the immigrants in those days came from a variety of countries. There wouldn't have been enough digits on the circular ring dial to accommodate their languages. With reference to my comment why is it that only one nationality gets preferential treatment? There is an old saying "When in Rome do as the Roman's do".[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I don't think anyone is upset by those that come here legally, just those that are here and don't even try to become part of our culture. Then they even try to act like it is the USA that is at fault when we don't accommodate their needs above those that are legally here. WH2
[signature]
[reply]
I'm glad noone said that to my ancestors when they came here from Denmark! [shocked][cool][Tongue] [/reply]
My greatgrandfather came from sweden and I didn't even know my grandfather knew swedesh till I was 20 years old. They only spoke it amoung friends. I believe thats what the guys are talking about. My spanish helper only speaks broken english when he has to.
[signature]
[center]agreed[/center]
[signature]
when my ancestors came over they had to learn how speak all sourts of american talk, chipawaw, cherikee, otowa, and the list goes on... (for those who dont know me, sorry for the misspellings)
[signature]