Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About to join the ranks of Float Tubers
Well, after seeing 3 float tubers catch nice bass (2,3, and 4 pounders) right in front of the area I was fishing (about 25 feet further than I could cast), I ordered an H3 Freestyle and White River breathable waders yesterday. I already have a pair of near new Force Fins and a pair of Mares Avanti fins (I think they're called) and can't wait to get it all together and get out there myself. I have a nice ProCraft V150B bass boat in the garage but the lake I was at last Saturday and Sunday only allows shore and float tube fishing. Obviously you have to be able to get out where the fish are! I've been reading a LOT of the posts on this great forum for several days now. I was going to either buy a Fat Cat or the H3 and when I found the H3 on sale for $325 with a free apron, I couldn't resist that deal even though I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to get it from North Fork Outdoors (was kinda bummed out about that since "the bite" is really picking up here in So Cal).
BTW: I am a newbie and this is my first post:o)
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard. Hope your stuff arrives soon and that you are able to get properly set up and launched. Keep readin' and feel free to pop in with any questions. There will be some. Guaranteed.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I live in Utah now, but spent quite a few years in the Orange County area, and I have lived (and fished) from San Diego to Sacramento...fresh water and salt.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good move to add a tube to your fishing arsenal. There are plenty of places where you want and need a boat. But, there are also some spots where a tube fishes best, even if you CAN launch a boat. Over time you will develop a list of favorite tubin' holes. And, you will come to appreciate the fun and the advantages of the "stealth approach". Good exercise too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Right ON! It sounds like you jumped right to the head of the class with in my opinion, the best TUBE on the market.
I wanna see pictures of everything! The bad thing is, you ordered it right now and with all the shows NFO is doing right now, the phones are probably ringing off the hook.
NFO is at the TOP of the game. With the introduction of the OUTLAW X5 I think they will change the look of Pontoons in the future for everyone.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 4]welcome to the board.. welcome to float tubing (I am not an expert but love the freedom of being out in a tube).. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 4][/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 4]I live in North County and most of the lakes in this area have stopped allowing boats or tubes/toons because of some invasive little critters in the waters. I dont get that far south very often so Id say you are lucky to have a body of water in your area that still allows tubing.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 4]As FG said, we would all love it,when you get your h3 in and rigged, to see lots of pictures of it and the results of your float tubing experiences.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 4]Onca again, welcome and dont hesitate to ask all the questions you want and to post comments as you see a need to.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 4]MacFly[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Welcome aboard. It is great to have a fellow Red Ranger. I love my H3, worth the wait. I think you will love it, now you get to start playing with PVC .. ohh the good fumes .. hehe
[signature]
PVC.. good fumes.. is that TD's happy meds??
[signature]
I think so, or at least the equivalent of methadone for the Piscisly addicted.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Ahhhhhh PVC cement fumes. The multidirectional mind altering substance. Gets you up, gets you down, gets you sideways.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But, it hasn't affected me in any obvious ways. Actually, having three arms helps my fishing...and those extra fingers on each hand hardly get in the way of my typing at all.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Many THANKS for the kind words and wonderful welcome(s)!!! I can't wait until I get my H3 and can actually get out there and start hooken 'em!! When I got home from fishing Lower Otay last Saturday in my ProCraft with a friend who is visiting from Florida, my new waders had arrived from BPS and I tried them on and they fit great. Now I need to get to Wally World and buy me some of those neoprene booties to wear over the stocking feet. Again, thanks for the welcome!!!
[signature]