Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yuba walleye!!
went to yuba for the weekend did realy good (for yuba) on the walleyes.. 2 days of fishing and caught 12 fish.. most ware small but did git 2 that was in the 5lbs rang.. and seen one caught that was in the 8 to 10 lbs range.. the walleyes are all over the place just got to find them.. all the fish i got was in about 5 to 15 feet of water.. i caught 3 on minnows.. the rest was on 5" bighammer swim baits brown with red flakes.. the big one that i seen caught was on a spider grub that was dark brown with black flacks..

from the fuzzyfisher-------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
Thanks for the report Fuzzy, a few of us from work have a long weekend planned and were not sure if we wanted to go the Yuba or not because of the poor reports but this changes everything. Where would be the best place to camp, the state park or the painted rock area? WH2
[signature]
i camped at painted rock and had the campsite all to my self most the weekend.. it is a little shallow by the bank but not bad as of yet.. note dont try and take a boat between the island and the camp ground shore it is only 1 1/2 feet deep there!!! the area that we did the best at was north of painted rock all the way down by where the lake gets narrow and rocky on both sides..the north point in that area is where i seen that 10 lbs walleye cought.. hope that helps!!

from the fuzzyfisher----------------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
Thanks for the info, are there any trees by the area you camped at? I remember there being a few trees by the state parks camp ground but I have never been over to the painted rock area. WH2
[signature]
there are some trees at painted rock but not like there is is at the north park..

from the fuzzyfisher-----------------------------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
i caught them all through the day from morning to night,, i was trying for catfish at night so did not try for them then and there was NO moon to see by so i did not stay out much past 11:00 pm.. but as the moon starts geting bright enough to see the rocks and shalow spots it would be the best time to try..

From the fuzzyfisher----------------------------------fish on dudes
[signature]