• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho Photo Game
Anderson Ranch?
[signature]
Nope, get back to the Middle Fork area.
[signature]
Arrowrock?
[signature]
Winner!! Winner!! We got a Winner!! Yes that is Arrowrock, just below where the Middle Fork dumps into it. Just went for a drive to look at the deer and elk.
[signature]
I don't have many fishing pictures on my computer right now, but I found a couple from this last week. I will give the clue that this was a side trip on my way back to Southeast Idaho from Boise.
[signature]
wild guesse. but is it the grace fish hatchery?
[signature]
No, not Grace area. Closer to Twin Falls, and it is a kid's pond. Very small.

There is a larger pond next to it that is open to everyone. No ice. It all appears to be spring fed.
[signature]
Another clue since there is no background to see ---

This place was mentioned by another fly fisherman on this board who was looking for some open water to fish. That's how I found this very small place. The last post on that thread was in the middle of last month.

It looks like a great place to take the kids or just do some casting (and catching) yourself, but it is very small and hard to find.
[signature]
[quote drowning_flys] The wife and i took off Sunday to hagerman to see if we could catch a fish. I was feeling the need and having withdrawals [:p]. Hit niagara springs with almost no luck other than a few small fish in the 4 inch range. fished the outlets. had some luck at the lowest one caught 2 trout about 12 inches [Smile]. wife was getting cold so we got in the truck drove down to the hatchery right below niagara springs caught sever fish in the 2 to 3 inch range lol. but i was happy fished caught fish and we decided to head towards home. we crossed the river just below buhl and meandered along the canyon rim towards twin and came across a pond. people were fishing so we decided to investigate. fish and game pulled up so i talked with them for a bit about it and what the place was. It was new to me so we decided to try it. by that time wind was howling and temps had to be around 10 degrees. tied on a hairs ear and made a cast hooked up a nice little fish about 12 inches. made several more casts and ended up with 10 fish by the time my hands were froze and i couldn't feel them. 2 of those fish were golden trout. they have a kids pond there two with several fish in the 16 inch range. this place made by day and cured my winter blues. Give it a try if your in the neck of the woods. sorry no pics but i will be returning as it doesnt look like it freezes up [cool]
[url "http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/...view.cfm?NewsID=4664[/quote"]http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/...view.cfm?NewsID=4664[/quote[/url]]

i think this is the post your referring to but i cant see a namme of the pond?
[signature]
It is the post, and you got it. As far as I know they are calling them the Filer ponds. So Filer kid's pond is where the picture was taken.

You're up.
[signature]
no pics so someone go ahead and post one?
[signature]
I'll shoot again. Here are some pictures from a few years ago. They are all of the same lake. This is a very popular day hike in the Sun Valley general area.
[signature]
Iron Bog?
[signature]
No, not Iron Bog. Since there are a zillion lakes I will give some more clues.

Not in the Pioneer Range.

In the Smoky Range -- The Smokies are on the west of side of highway 75.
[signature]
Campion Lakes?
[signature]
No, not Champion Lakes. Is that the Champion Lakes in the White Clouds? Not in the White Clouds or Sawtooths.

If so, look closer to Sun Valley.

Here is the road in (looking back out) and the creek below.
[signature]
Miner Lk?
[signature]
You are very close, but no, not Miner.
I don't think Miner has any fish in it, does it?
[signature]
I have to correct myself. They have been stocking Miner again. I don't think that they did for a long time there, because of winter kill problems, but I see they did in 97, then 06, and 09. So they must be giving it another go. I will have to check it out again. I was there once when it had no fish. It is really quite a pretty lake. I think I was confusing it in my mind with Mill Lake.

But still not the answer.[Wink]
[signature]
So how close - like Norton Lakes close?
[signature]