Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another victory for the Second Amendment
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Here as a statement by NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox regarding a Washington State Supreme Court Decision:[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4][/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Friday, February 19, 2010[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4][/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]We are pleased with the Washington State Supreme Court’s decision in State v. Sieyes yesterday, which stated that the Second Amendment applies to the states via the Fourteenth Amendment’s Due Process Clause. The Court rightly held that ‘the history, lineage, and pedigree of the Second Amendment right to bear arms [is] necessary to an Anglo-American regime of ordered liberty and fundamental to the American Scheme of justice.’ The Court also stated that the Second Amendment’s protections satisfied the requirements for incorporation to the states. NRA has always supported applying the Second Amendment to every American. All law-abiding Americans have the fundamental, individual right to self-protection no matter where they live.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."