Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you go on a C&R open-party boat?

Hey there guys,

I'm sure this topic has been discussed before but I can't resist asking our group, as we've go a lot of deckies and regulars that contribute here.

Would you, or do you have buddie that would be willing to ride on an open-party boat basis.. a boat that had its own rules where the number of fish kept was 0!? Or.. keeping a small number of fish, using a slot system, decided by the captian when catching fish other than the target species?

Why would someone pay money to go fishing and not go home with fish? Here's the reason. If a knowledgable captian took you to some of HIS best honey holes, knowing you weren't going to deplete the stock there, wouldn't the better fishing and quality fish be worth the money and time?

I would be willing to pay the same price for a ride and tip the crew for good service rendered instead of the cleaning fee. The Jackpot would still be OK because it would be strictly decided by a digital scale!

What do you guys think?

JapanRon
[signature]
definatly! I would do that in a heartbeat! but I would love to bring home a 20lb yellow, but there are other times for that.

joe
[signature]
jOE,

You can barely catch a 6lbs barracuda, but a 20lbs yellow!!! hahahahahahahaha

Very Funny!,

Aaron
[signature]
[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

joe
[signature]
Definetly! I'd jump on it!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Hi there DH_tubinjoe,

Ya, It might be possible to do something like this in the off-season when the boats are looking for business. I was thinking mostly about fishing seriously for Calicos and a few other species that pretty well hang out in the same areas year-round. If you know were to go, there's a chance to get a lot of species here in southern cal that many think are just seasonal.

Absolutely, when everybodies going for Bass and you happen catch something else that's in the slot for that species why not take them to dinner. ha ha

The only resistance from the captian would be if there was a lot of sportie traffic around an area where he was parked on a spot. Lots of competition for fresh spots as we know only too well.

I'm not trying to make a charter, but I have a few guys who would interested in such a trip further down the road toward September.

JapanRon
[signature]
I don't know any captains that like to catch and RELEASE fish. they are always saying, "sack 'em up!" even if the fish is like 10 inches long! its rediculous. they are just trying to make money though. oh well.

joe
[signature]