Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Trout Trip
SPORTSMANS PARADISE OUTDOORS FISHING
Capt. Ron Ph#225-445-1019 Capt. Ron email - [url "mailto:hope19@cox.net"]hope19@cox.net[/url]
[url "http://www.spoutdoors.com/"]www.spoutdoors.com[/url]
THE BIG GIRLS ARE IN
Hello fellow anglers. What a great fishing trip with a very fun group of guys in from New Orleans and the suronding aresfor some of this springs smoking fishing action going on right now in Shell Beach Louisiana right now. TYhis group of guys have fished for quite some time with my friend and have always caught fish and had a blast with us and today was another of those days because after all the bets were in place and the group split up over the four boats we busted out towards the sound to the spot that we have been smoking the mule trout BUT today with the strong winds pumping when we got there and I took a look at the water color I knew that this spot was toast but we still gave it the cursory check out and just as I had suspected NADA so off to spot #2 and that was all it took to fill the fish box to the rim.
As soon as we pulled up to the spot the corks started going down and the second fish was a GIANT because when he set the hook it was lines screaming and hoots and hollers and grunts immediately so the guys all reeled in to root him on in his battle because they all knew this could be the money fish because he was swimming around and around the boat and it took the big motor to run him down a couple of times before he spooled the reel but after a valiant fight of about 20 minutes we finally saw color and when he rolled up I said this is the one and he hit the net and according to the boca scale he was a 49.6 pound GORILLA drum and we took pictures and released him to fight another day. After all the high fives and beer breaks we got back to the second part of the bet which was the most fish per boat and as soon as we started back fishing the huge trout with some up to 5 pounds were eating up and in about 30 minutes the guys put 45 mule trout on ice. Then as quick as the bite started they quit so we moved a short distance down the canal and we started to catch trout again and a few drums and a few bay snappers mixed in. The action wasn't fast and furious but steady all day long and before long the guys were burnt out and ready to head to the barn so we wrapped it up with a box full of fish and a boat full of happy fishermen.
After listening to the other boats talk back and fourth on the radio I knew we had a chance at the fish per boat bet and sure enough my guys swept the bets with 83 trout and 1 drum. All fish today were caught using Campos live and kicking shrimp rigged 3 feet under a rattling popping cork.My group today on the boat was Derek, Mike , Kimm & Kenny and this was Kenney's first real fishing trip and he did a fine job catching plenty fish and dealing with all the ribbing from the other guys on the boat.
We are now offering off shore trips for tuna, red snappers, wahoo and grouper or whatever you want to target off shore since we just purchased an new29 foot Sea Cat catamaran boat and we will be taking groups on day trips and over night tuna trips and dive trips. So if you are interested in making a trip my older brother Capt. Ricky will be running that boat so if you are ready to realy get your rod bent give me or Capt. ricky a call.
If you would like to make a trip Capt. Ron give us a call or drop us an email we would love to take you and your friends and family fishing but call early because the available days are going fast.If you would like to take a trip please give me a call or drop me an email and we can arrange the trip of your lifetime. And as our motto says, "RAIN OR SHINE, SLEET OR SNOW, IF YOU COME WE WILL GO!
Thanks Capt Ron

[Image: 5-21-2011-Travis-Hayes-trip-024-224x300.jpg]The RNDC group

[Image: 5-21-2011-Travis-Hayes-trip-028-224x300.jpg]table shot
[Image: 5-21-2011-Travis-Hayes-trip-019-224x300.jpg]the big fish winner
[Image: 5-21-2011-Travis-Hayes-trip-017-224x300.jpg]The fight is on!!!!!!
[signature]
Nice job guys.
[signature]