Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach 10-8-03 (Report)
I went out to Lincoln this morning and was on the water from about 8-11. I marked several fish in 4-5' of water straight north of the eastern most spring, but couldn't buy a strike on anything. I was throwing roadrunners, jigs, and even tried some flies with scent on them. Water temp was 65.

After reading Jed's post, I'm bummed that I didn't go out toward the State Park. It would have been alot closer! I'm too cheap to pay to play though. I've been fishing Utah lake consistently for over a year now and it is just kicking my butt. I don't know if it is tackle, technique, location or all of the above.

It was a gorgeous morning to be on the water though. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

See you on the water!

A very humble and frustrated ES[Sad][mad]
[signature]
Should have stuck a worm on something
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Man, you catchin' fish but are not tellin' all the tricks is like some girls I knew in High School! You tease, you! C'mon, WP, give it up. What was the secret! Oh, BTW, nice report![/size][/font]
[signature]
Man, if I were you, I'd just try the Jordan. I hit it again tonight, and I caught 7 walleye, the biggest at 26 inches. I remembered the tape measurer, but not the camra. Dang! I would just recomend silver gitzits fished by where canals or rivers flow in. They seem to be feeding on the little minnows right now.
[signature]
What part of the Jordan?
[signature]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=72158;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=72158;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread[/url]

This thread gives you all of the details regarding where he is fishing.
[signature]
Way to go paul and J-kid. I might have to have you show me these spots sometime kid. I need to find a place somewhat close to take the kiddies that isent crowded like the ponds.

and paul.......I have to agree with blm......whats with this give a little but not enough info [Tongue]
[signature]
Yeah, what's up WP? There are no secrets here...wer're all waiting. ([Wink])

It's not like it that JUICY of a secret anyway! LOL
[signature]
Keep holding secrets like that and you'll get half of the BFT board following you around so we can watch and learn[Wink]. Thanks for the tips.

J-Kid, I just might have to hit the Jordan. It seems like the fishies are trying to find placed deeper than just a foot or two.

FFM, a worm probably would have made the difference. I may have at least caught a mudcat.

Thanks to you all and see you on the water!

ES
[signature]