Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soldier creek 3/24
Only went part of the way in but the road was bare pavement.
Ice was good and thick but getting the soft spring texture. Edges are starting to get soft. Use some caution and access on and off is good. No slush, and no snow on top either.
We were around about 5 small groups and all were catching small bows. Not red hot but not boring either. Even early afternoon produced fish. Depths 30 to 60 ft produced fish with most caught only 12 to 15 ft below the ice. They liked our meal worms the best.
The wind was wearable without a coat.

Saw only a few groups at the ladders and chicken creek.
I am thinking this may be the last week to get on the ice due to the soft edges and warm weather forecast for next week.

Sad note went by one of the out houses and saw where some bad humans did their business on the cement around the out houses. Maybe to make a point about the toilets being closed. They remind me of coyotes who leave their poop to be seen.Wish there was a way to track them down with DNA. Same for those who leave their butts on the ice.If you want to act like that stay home!
[signature]
Great Report!! Sounds like a good day on the ice.And it is Sad that some people are pigs.[mad]
[signature]
[quote klam]Only went part of the way in but the road was bare pavement.
Ice was good and thick but getting the soft spring texture. Edges are starting to get soft. Use some caution and access on and off is good. No slush, and no snow on top either.
We were around about 5 small groups and all were catching small bows. Not red hot but not boring either. Even early afternoon produced fish. Depths 30 to 60 ft produced fish with most caught only 12 to 15 ft below the ice. They liked our meal worms the best.
The wind was wearable without a coat.

Saw only a few groups at the ladders and chicken creek.
I am thinking this may be the last week to get on the ice due to the soft edges and warm weather forecast for next week.

Sad note went by one of the out houses and saw where some bad humans did their business on the cement around the out houses. Maybe to make a point about the toilets being closed. They remind me of coyotes who leave their poop to be seen.Wish there was a way to track them down with DNA. Same for those who leave their butts on the ice.If you want to act like that stay home![/quote]

That's really gross and disturbing.. it's Sad some people can't just act rationally and think for once..
[signature]