Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Fish Plants!? Yikes! Plants Just Announced 11/4 7:15pm

Hey there guys,

It looks like we're facing another week of no fish plants in the #5 section or south coast area (roughly Santa Monica to Long Beach/Hawaiian Gardens more or less) here in southern California. Catfish plants were keeping anglers in the city and county park lakes busy until 2 to 3 weeks ago when we got our last plants.

It's pretty tough with no catfish plants being scheduled and the trout planting not starting in the lakes that it's free to fish locally.

I just bought my lifetime license so they must have some cash for planting! ha ha

I take it all back! ha ha ha

Nov 4 7:15pm Just got, I mean JUST GOT the auto-announce message from dfg that both trout and catfish plants are planned this week. Of interest to tubeN2 is the fact that trout are going to be planted in Castiac and Castiac Lagoon! Good for you dude! Nothing for us down south here.

JapanRon
[signature]
[teeth]Due to the fire storms, the Fillmore hatchery was threatened and "?" of damage is undisclosed.But the San Diego hatchery was wiped out!Buying a Sportfishing licence is "NOT" the reason we obtain stockings in urban lakes,it take's numerous taxable factors to obtain "stocking fish" from D.F.G. Hatcheries.FOOD 4 THOUGHT! Do you realize,that Private Hatcheries Out number or State's,resources 5-to-1? Next Time you wonder "got fish?"write a letter or a petition to Govener Elect, Arnold,and Ask him to Change this" and maybe ???? Hummmm? Well you can't blame Davis,anymore,maybe it's time to CARE 4 CALIFORNIA MORE.com soon to be avaible..in 2004 don't shoot me! i'm just the messenger!
[signature]

Hi there ROMEROFISHERKING,

Yes, figured that the hatcherys must have taken a big hit (for both the San Diego area and those servicing the areas near the fires around lakes near Big Bear)and reading some of the stories by anglers in other areas where big fires occured, one can not but feel sorry for the hatchery and native stocks in the areas involved. Surely all the fish in streams are dead or will die now or when the rains or snow runoff comes. Poor things.

I imagine the funds for plantings that USUALLY are done during this time will be diverted to repair of hatchery facilities, etc. I'm not a comptroller for the DFG program so I don't know the details but that would seem reasonable to me.

On the license, as a lite bit of humor/irony, don't we know that funds like the marine fuel tax are often diverted to other non-related projects. Thus the 'ha ha' at the end.

If anyone knows and will do the best to get the most out of the programs we have, we can depend and appreciate your efforts and sucess both in the past and in the future.

Thanks for all your efforts as always,

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool] Hey JR, I would love to see them plant some of the bows from the Mt. Whittney hatchery down here. When I was on my last trip to Bishop CA, I took my son to that hatchery. He had never seen a hatchery in his life and I figured it was time to give him some small lessons on when the poles must stay in the car( darn ).

They had some bows up there that were all in the 20 to 22" range. Really beautiful when they are that size. We could easily distinguish which was the spawning pond as well. They had around 8 bows that were like alaskan king salmon. They were 30+inches. A beautiful site to see and tempting just to pull a hand line out and take one home. But they are released only in a small campground down below by way of Oak Creek.
[signature]
I am truly without words,about the "Real Deal" that occured from this "Natural Occourance of Life" if arson or otherwise,It seems to me that,focus on concerns of Family,and rebuilding are the concern at bay.With all due respect,Fishing to "All" that eagerly wait the arrival of the Plant,is like the "old quote" "IT'S LIKE SHOOTING FISH IN A BARREL". I belive that Many of us should Focus on those that have Lost Homes and their Belonging,and truly put aside our hobbie's and step up to address the present needs of other "Californian's"in need of help.In NO WAY I'M I TRYING TO DIVERT,YOUR SUBJECT POST;But "I" Too have Question's about State,and Federal Goverment Recently and excersized them without answers; Well,Forget the Fishing for once and Look into your self,and count your Blessings Now" while there still around.The Fish will allways be there,you just have to Think more Like a Fish,to Catch It.And Isn't That the Reason Alone,Why We Choose To Fish Anyway? The best things in life are free,is a lie!The Pursuit of a Fisherman,goes from Reality to Transcendenice! If you Believe,You Can. You Will!But LIFE,and People,take on certian priortites,?It Goes without saying....
[signature]
Hey JR, Thanks for the heads up on the plant. My DFG notice started ringing last night too. This may be time to start throwing my arm off again with my lil 9" trout lure. ha ha. Yes indeed back to the Castaic Gym.

Did you notice that I had no report this week??? Darn, we got rained out on Sat so I had to stay home and do some "honey dooos" from my list. You know how that goes!!

Anyway thanks again for the heads up.[Wink]
[signature]
Hey JR, there is one more little lake closer to my house that is on the list as well. It is called Hansen Lake. They are planting trout and cats. Come on up here and join us. Will be there on Sunday afternoon. They do allow float tubes there and there is no fee to fish nor launch.

If you cant make it I'll get you some pics.

It looks like Castaic Lagoon in the morning on Sunday and Hansen in the Afternoon. No dry tube this weekend.
[signature]

Hey there tubeN2,

Hummmmmm Sunday just might be the ticket if my renovation guy decides to take the day off. I'll try to allocate the time and give you a heads up Saturday. I'd want to hit Castaic Lagoon in the morning for sure.

JapanRon
[signature]

Hey there ROMEROFISHERKING,

Thank you for your thoughtful comments, sincerely conveyed. As you so elequently stated; I believe, each to his or her own within their own focus and sense of what's important.

JapanRon
[signature]
That would be cool if you could make it. We will be out in tubes as I can just imagine the dock and shore lines might be pretty full of line tangling competition.

If you can make it and want to tube, the I would suggest getting there rather early and go to the first entrance where it says Castaic Lagoon Boat Launching Ramp. That one is open right around sunrise. I will be there with my son and tubes. See ya there Pal.
[signature]