Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annual El Dorado Kids Fishing Rodeo 11/22

Hey there guys,

It is again time for the annual Kids Fishing Rodeo (30th). It will again be held at El Dorado Regional Park. The rodeo starts at 8am until noon on November the 22nd (Saturday) this year. The Derby is free but the entry fee to the park is $5 per car.

The Long Beach Rod & Gun Club are always helping out with this event as well as the many sponsors who supply prizes to the lucky anglers in a number of different catagories.

Loaner rods & reel outfits will be supplied if needed. Only kids will be able to fish the lake (previously the 3rd lake with the ranger station) this year.

My advice to the kids is to find a spot you won't be crowded in, The boat dock is a joke with 50 people trying to fish off it! I'll post a picture if I find it later as an attachment. Good for a big laugh. Using light line (2lb) is important for the trout. I don't think Mr. Catfish minds so much.

JapanRon
[signature]
I'll be there and yesterday Chris and i prefished it kind of and ended up with 8 between the 2 of us in under and hour, Chris:5 Aaron:3 and chris had the big one at around 5lbs.

EL DORADO SHOULD HAVE FLOAT TUBING ACCESS!

aaron
[signature]

Hey there dh_tubinaaron,

Good job guys! There is a past tournament winner in your group so you all should do well. If I borrowed some of you guys clothes, do you think I could pass for a really big 15 and a half year old?

JapanRon
[signature]
Ron, You have to switch the 1 and the 5 around... hahaha

BOth Chris and I have a win under our belt, me at El Do him at cerritos Regional..

Aaron
[signature]