Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington canyon and the lakes up top
I grew up fishing these waters but have since moved away an haven't fished them in a few years. I know last summer's wild fires destroyed the river and the fish along with it. does anyone have info on how far up the damage is or what the fishing is like on the lakes up top, Cleveland and Huntington reservoir. what are they biting on and how the water levels are? headed up this weekend to revisit the old stomping ground. thanks in advance guys.
[signature]
The fore damages , and recent flood damages are all down in the canyon from about the end of the fly fishing zone down. Although I am guessing the road is closed (due to recent mud slides) somewhere just below electric lake.
All the upper lakes and streams are not affected. Just fish the same as always, a little slow in these hot months so fish early and late. You can still fish the left fork of Huntington by dropping down rolfsons creek or from millers flat or Cleveland. The affected burn areas are not for a couple miles down the left fork canyon.
[signature]
I'll echo that. I was just there. Plenty of good water to go around, just come from the Fairview side, as I can't find news of the hwy reopening yet.
[signature]