Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DWR video...Utah Lake catfishing
[#0000ff]Got a link to the new DWR video on catfishing in Utah Lake from Chris Crockett. Thought I'd share.

Several of us BFT tuber and tooner types showed up last year to help them get some footage and BFT gets a good plug in the vid.

Edit: The attachment function ain't working. Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd17LDPz...e=youtu.be
[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice job Pat!!! That is nice piece of video. It will help guys like me get out there sooner rather than later. Thanks for the helpful tips on bait and technique. You are the man!
[signature]
What Chinook said!! Well done and informational.

Now if we just had some water out there..... I'm fishin' LB several times a week and the fish are bitin' real good. Less than a couple of feet deep in the launch now so not sure how much longer boats will be able to launch.

I expect to post up a pic of a 20+ pounder later this week... just gotta ketch 'im first.

BLK

Added a pic from last week. BLK
[signature]
Hey Pat, should have showed you fillet that cat so the novis isn't intimidated by preparing one for table fare. Great video and glad they had you do that so others can see you in action. That would be cool to get video segments of some of your talents, rigs and tactics for when words don't convey the full story. You getting about ready for the fall assault on Willard? If you don't mind give me a heads up and I'd like to join ya again. If you'd like I could bring the boat to troll faster for wiper, but I know you like the tube and finess tactics so I'd be game either way. Thanks for the heads up on the video that was fun to watch. Later J
[signature]
[#0000FF]Thanks guys.

That's a nice sized "blue" ya got there. Either it didn't get into any of the rough "lovin'" or it heals fast. Purty for an ugly fish.

Yeah, the water is gettin' low. Just about right for the "tubers only" fishing. Lemme know if you need me to tow you out into the deeper water. I don't charge much for tug service.

To me the great thing about Lincoln Beach is that there is always deeper water off the point even at its lowest water level. The channels and ledges are a real walleye magnet in the fall. I'll be lookin' for a "food chain" setup real soon.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Tanks.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]Hey Pat, should have showed you fillet that cat so the novis isn't intimidated by preparing one for table fare. Great video and glad they had you do that so others can see you in action. That would be cool to get video segments of some of your talents, rigs and tactics for when words don't convey the full story. You getting about ready for the fall assault on Willard? If you don't mind give me a heads up and I'd like to join ya again. If you'd like I could bring the boat to troll faster for wiper, but I know you like the tube and finess tactics so I'd be game either way. Thanks for the heads up on the video that was fun to watch. Later J[/quote]

[#0000FF]Thankee kindly. Actually, they shot a lot of video of me filleting and prepping. But they cut off the fillet footage just as I was getting ready to put the blade to the fish. Also shot some footage of the fishing part that they edited out. I guess they were limited on how much they could use for one of their videos.

I don't have a video camera but would be happy to do a show and tell in front of one if someone else wants to do the shooting. I have done a few in the past. Most folks are visually oriented than don't just want to read about it. Seeing it in action means a lot more. I take a lot of pics and do a lot of pictorial writeups but it is still better when you can go through the full range of motion, with all of the subtle parts explained.

I usually start getting serious about Willard again sometime after Labor Day. Probably be about mid September. Tough then because there are several fave spots hollerin' on me and I don't know which direction to point my tube.

Of course I'd be happy to meet up with you again...tube or boat...or both. Sometimes an early shot in stealth mode (tubes) can score a walleye or some crappies. Then, when the wipers wake up we could get in your Skunk Maru and chase them in that. I got no pride.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Very cool video. Thanks.
[signature]
Add my kudos to the list, Pat. Ain't show biz wunnerful? Hours of filming, and most of it ends up on the cutting room floor.
[signature]

Your float tube caught my attention. You look like your fishing for blood. Sheesh! Whats the name of your float tube The Battalion?
[signature]
[inline "Battleship Canoe.jpg"]

helps fend off the powersquads!

well played Pat. I like "using the bubble" sometimes too. You make me wanna go catfishing! Maybe it's time for some night-action!
[inline 10472740_956825507666757_7409094923260875676_n.jpg]
[quote Boatloadakids]
I expect to post up a pic of a 20+ pounder later this week... just gotta ketch 'im first.
[/quote]

Just gotta find the right fishing hole my friend!

[inline "Big Cat.jpg"]
[signature]
[quote catfish-logic]
Your float tube caught my attention. You look like your fishing for blood. Sheesh! Whats the name of your float tube The Battalion?[/quote]

[#0000FF]Sorry. No cutesy wootsy name for my tube.

Gotta admit that with the electric motor, rod racks, tool rack, sonar, net, basket and other goodies it does take on a "look". Definitely not the old donut dinghy of old.

I get lots of attention...both on the water and back at the ramp. Most folks think it looks purty kool. But there are those who ask a lot of "uninformed" questions...like "Ain't it illegal to fish with five poles?"

To those who say kindly things I simply reply "Yeah, it fishes purty good...but I can't tow a water skier."

My current model float tube, with all the add-ons, is the culmination of several decades of float tubing and experimentation. Everything is functional and easy to reach when needed.

Works for me.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote RockyRaab]Add my kudos to the list, Pat. Ain't show biz wunnerful? Hours of filming, and most of it ends up on the cutting room floor.[/quote]

[#0000FF]I just hope that someday it doesn't show up on some pirated video site..."Tubers Gone Wild" or sumpin'.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Pat, sounds like fun, I'll PM you closer to go time and see if the stars align so we can hit the bay. I'd like to see the fall eye tactics in action. I think the two mode day might be fun. I have a tough time getting my toon up to 3.2 mph to troll wiper so it might make a good day cap to troll a while as we wind down the day. I'll plan on a maybe and see what we can do. Later J
[signature]