Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Newsletter March 2016
[#0000FF]For those who care about the big muddy pond, here is a copy of the Utah Lake Newsletter for this month.

Note that they are continuing their phragmites eradication program.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks for the info TD[cool]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Thank you. Youre the best.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Thanks. I'd like to think so. But as a married man I DO get dissenting opinions.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff]Thanks. I'd like to think so. But as a married man I DO get dissenting opinions.
[/#0000ff][/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]What? TubeBabe DARES disagree with the master? How rude![/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][Image: ha-ha-ha-smiley-emoticon.gif][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
[#0000FF]Rude indeed. Last time she dissed me I told her I was sick of it. I told her I was the lord and master of our house. Then I told her I didn't even want to see her for a couple of days.

It worked. It was at least two days before the swelling went down enough that I could see a little bit out of my left eye.

Weaker sex? Ha!
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I love how the newsletter welcomes shooters to come over to the west side to practice their marksman skills.
Yea, right.....
[signature]
[#0000FF]Lots of "moving targets" in Saratoga Springs. Might help solve some of the crowding issues.

Where is there legal shooting now that all that area is closed to the public? I drove around the lake last week and all of the NO TRESPASSING signs are still up...everywhere.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I can't say for sure Pat, but I believe SBennett is referring to Item 6 in the sub-link to 'Top 10 things to do at Utah Lake that don't involve water.' It would also appear from his wording that he was being facetious about it as well. Item 6 states: [/#800000][/font]
Quote:Gun range. Also on the west side of the lake, marksman are always welcome. Please shoot responsibly!
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Is there, or was there, a public/private gun range on the west side of the lake? I've never seen any signs advertising one when I've driven the west side going to the Goshen Dam Sporting Clays range.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
[#0000FF]In former times there were several places beyond Pelican Point with public access where shooters could drive north off Hwy 68 to burn up ammo and start grass fires. To the best of my knowledge there was never a "gun range". It was always just find a spot, bring your own targets to shoot and leave behind the trash, spent shells and brass.

But that is old news. For about the last three years all of the formerly public access points have been closed...on both sides of the highway...with the exception of limited access at mile marker 19...the road down to the Knolls. It was also once a popular place for shooters but there are now signs clearly stating there is no shooting allowed.

There are several landowners involved in the closures. They finally had enough of irresponsible shooting...buildings, animals, vehicles...and of the trash left behind. Not to mention the fires, torn down fences, etc. People are pigs.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Then maybe somebody should gently recommend to the Utah Lake Commission that they need to bring their propaganda up to date and remove the reference to the 'Gun Range' from their literature. [cool][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
[#0000FF]It shall be done.

Luke Allen is the new director and is probably recycling info left over from his two predecessors. The west side of Utah Lake is not a glamorous and well known...and well used...as the more populous and more developed east and north sides.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]