Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Chicken Creek 12/30
We had a pretty good group, we were on the ice at 6:40. I punched a couple wholes so the boys could fish while I got set up. My boy had a fish on within 3 minutes, landed a ok rainbow. We were exited thinking we were going to kill it. To our surprise.......we fished till 3:00 P.M. Out of our group of 9 a few of us had some good bites but they were quick one time hard hits, if you didn't happen to hook on the upward jog you would miss them. My boy who landed the rainbow ended up catching 3 another small bow and 17" cut. We talked to several people and no one was having any luck. Kinda of a bummer was looking for it to be an awesome day. On the way out a group pulled up asked how we did, they said they had the same experience in west chicken creek. Fish were marked even came up to the jigs but wouldn't take it. We fished in 10' and moved out to 20' rough day boys. Hopefully it gets better quick!! My boy ended up being the only one who caught fish, he was pretty proud.

Ice was about 6-7" when we got on and about 4-5" solid clear ice pretty far out.
[signature]
Sounds like the Berry sucks right now, thanks for the report though.
[signature]