Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Tie Dual Snell Knots!
Always good to tie dual tandem leaders ahead of time. In this video I use Mason 50lb monofilament as my leader line. Hooks are BKN#18 Circle Hooks that are factory off-set. You can use whatever brand or pound test you need depending on the species you target & the areas you fish in.
I vary how i start & finish my tandem set-up. Also setting-up a work station helps. Casting 2 baits will limit your normal casting range of 1 bait. Weight & air resistance are the issues. To counter these effects use braid rather then mono. The thinner line has less air resistance. Cut your baits more "streamline" in shape. I use Shimano Ultegras that incorporate X-Ship & Line Layering to help cast further. Also Breakaway Cannons with fixed spool reels can give 10-30% longer casts.
I've fished since i was 10. If properly tied you won't suffer knot problems. Good luck & stay safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOfKwe5qTA0
[signature]
Aloha Chris.

That is a very nice video on the Tandem Snell knot. I love that knot and use it for either double baits as you described or to leave a stinger hook for a larger bait.

Sometimes we throw small AJ's out as bait and most of the time they just get bit on the tail. That second hook comes as good insurance of a good hook up.

Peace to you and Mohalo nui loa [fishon]
[signature]