Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOTW GET TOGETHER
WELL THE DATES ARE MARCH 12-14 , BUT SOME OF US ARE HEADING UP ON THE 10 th !! I KNOW WALLEYETEASER , MINNEMAN , MYSELF , HOPEFULLY DROWNEDDESERTRAT , ARE FOR SURES , ULTRAMAG IS A MAYBE , AND I HAVN'T GOT A REPLY FROM THE REST OF YOU !! RIGHT NOW WE HAVE ABOUT 15 -20 GUYS GOING , IT SHOULD BE A GREAT TIME FOR ALL !!! HOPE TO SEE YA THERE !!

[signature]
I won't know til the first part of March. Ive been trying to get up there sometime in March, with a few buddies of mine.
[signature]
I've requested that I have that Thursday off. Anybody else from the Metro area or on the way up going Thursday also? Hitching a ride would help save us on gas money... plus I won't get lost.

I'll be getting some hard-water practice in before heading up there just not sure what I'm going to be fishing for when I go this coming weekend. If I remember to take pics, I'll post them.
[signature]
I'll already be up there that weekend. I got a Hockey tourny in baudette.

Where wil you be fishing at?

It's not the size of the lure, but the size of the bait ya stick in the hole!!![cool]
[signature]
[cool] We will be on Buffalo Bay on the Manitoba part of LOTW. Also , thats the same time the State High School tourney is being played down in St . Paul , GO WADENA !!!!!!!!!!!!

[signature]
You wanted us to meet you in Baudette, right? I best get on MapQuest and find directions.
[signature]
[Smile][Smile][Tongue] 4 WEEKS TILL LOTW , IT WILL BE HERE BEFORE YOU KNOW IT !!! I WILL GET TO MEET A FEW MEMBERS I HAVE'NT MET BEFORE , LOOKING FORWARD TO IT !!!

[signature]
Don't get me so excited so soon! Sheesh. I just got me a new toy. I won't bring it with me unless you want me to. Hoping to test it out this coming weekend.
[signature]
Will I need a passport or my birth certificate for the trip across the border? Just want to make sure I get everything together before the trip, if possible. If I do need one or the other it may be too late to get either in time (need to order a new "certified copy" of my birth certificate) and I'll hafta cancel. Unless, of course, we stay on the U.S. side.
[signature]
[cool]Iv'e been over the border over 100 times and never been asked for my birth cetificate , and in Canada , you don't need a passport !! Make sure you have a picture I D like a drivers license thou !!

[signature]
Okay, got it. Just wanted to make sure I'm as safe and prepared as possible. So, I bring myself, my boots, my warm pants and jacket (now that I've got the stuff), and what else? You can e-mail or private message me a list if you prefer to keep it out of the forum. Also, need directions to the meeting location. And shall I drive up Wednesday after work or wait until early Thursday morning?
[signature]
to all planning to go, get out and look for some good sized baits!! tuliby/ciscos/smelts/herring 7" is small, (dont take it personal) oh fer fun!!
[signature]
What should we do with these baits once we find them?
[signature]
Got me a new camera to bring with me. Beautiful Canon. Great pictures as long as the batteries don't die!

Gonna see if I can get more practice sometime this week after work in the dark. Wish me luck!

I'm getting excited. Can't we speed things up?
[signature]
[Wink] Boy, can't wait to see how excited you get when you pull a 15 lb + pike through the hole !! LOL . About 2 days before I go, I have a hard time sleeping !!! LOL . You better practice good , so you can get my smiling face holding my 25 lber !!!! I'll give you a call this week , P.M me and tell me what night would work the best for ya !!
[signature]
Just a heads up, was up there this weekend and man, is there snow! there will be noone driving picups on the ice unless there's lotsa melting, step off the snowmobile and sink to your knees most anywhere now, and the drifts are rock hard. might want to line up some sleds for travel, Im pretty sure ill be bringing 2.
reports from buffalo are next to non existant as there arent many getting out...yet, but what ive heard so far its slow yet.
I had some cisco's down on Q'strikes just under the ice in 32' and had 1 taker, it must have been heading towards my portable as I felt something on my jiggin rod and pulled up my cisco rig!! try that one Flag!! the tipup hole was 30' from my portable...weird!

I want to go camping where no one will ever find me..
Wheres that..?
Why next to the WMD of course! "Mel Gibson"
[signature]
[Tongue] How did a fish pull 30 ft of line out and you did'nt see the flag , sleeping again !!!!!!! LOL !!!!! Leonard's cousin was out with a groupe on Buffalo last week and caught 46 walleye , 27 jumbo perch , and 17 jackfish , not bad for a day . I know the snow is settling pretty good the last couple days !!

[signature]
Woooo! It's gonna be fun! Snow up to my knees? That's higher than my boots! And I don't have a snowmobile suit to keep me dry. That's okay. It'll be worth it to pull up a few northerns larger than any you guys have caught.

Still getting used to my camera. Was hoping to test it out tonite while night fishing but the fish weren't hungry. I shoulda taken pics of the deer tracks I saw in the snow on the ice.

Lookin' forward to meeting you guys! Can't wait! I've got the money set aside and earning a few cents interest.
[signature]