Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flood waters still in NE NC
The rivers are still at or above flood waters at this point.[crazy] No one at the ramps this weekend due to it. Weather to be in the 80's next week. I'll be taking a ride with the Lund to the salty water. Crabs are in and I'll see if I can find a reef with some fish. Keep tuned or let me know what's working for you.
[signature]
good luck,we are suppose to warm up this week ,fishing has been real slow here
[signature]
River dropped two inches from above flood level due to heavy rain. I got to tell you when it rains down here it's pure hell. Headed to grand banks to search for flounder grounds. I found some 10 ft sand areas that remind me of up north fluking areas but as usual I push the envelope, to soon. I'll try again next week on out going tide. Cobia season is here. I know in past I caught them on live bait thrown to the edges. But it is such a learning curve for this northern boy. Hopefully flounder will be in by then. I only caught a few croaker, but not what I wanted. My barber told me he got 4 speckled trout at the dock I launched from. [crazy] So much to learn and I had the right rig on one pole for them. Tom if by any crazy thing happens you get down here, you know your on the Lund. I do get a lot of looks, who see's a Lund in southern waters. [Wink][sly]. Got my water pump replaced for $100. Love this place. Glad to here from ya, be well catch plenty.
[signature]