Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun at Flaming Gorge
Was at Flaming Gorge With BSF
fished for lake trout, and kokanee also got rainbows and a ? you will see at the end of the video
can't remember how deep the downrigger was but the silver dodger and pink squid I think was down about 46 feet and starting to lose light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpQqCczQ...e=youtu.be
[signature]
Fun video!
Looks like your mystery fish is a burbot. An invasive species that must be killed when caught.
[signature]
Yeah everybody thinks that you have to be fishing right on the bottom and barely moving your bait to catch burbot, While ice fishing out there we have caught quite a few just 10-20 feet down.

It like at Deer Creek all of my best smallmouth that I have ever caught have been while I'm trolling for walleye. There are not many of them but they are huge compared to the ones that come from the rocky shorelines.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Nice video Robert, pretty amazing a burbot would follow a lure like that, just goes to show, they are not always bottom dwellers. Looks like you and BSF had a good trip.
[signature]
Thanks Robert. I had a great time. And caught a couple of fish that I have never caught before (Mac & Burbot). We also caught a Brown Trout trolling over in the Rawlins Draw area. Thanks for sharing the video, they are always fun to watch.

Brian
[signature]
Robert, it looks like you and Brian had a fun trip.
[signature]
We have caught them trolling for kokes a couple of times . They were a good 45 feet off the bottom hanging with the salmon.
[signature]
Thanks for taking the time to post videos using your underwater camera. Very interesting to see how the fish will follow and for how long.
[signature]
Great video, thanks for sharing!
[signature]
cool vid, thanks
[signature]