Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sabine Pass Area... Where are the fish?!?
Just wondering if there is anyone out there close to the Sabine pass/Sabine river area. Me and my husband usually stop salt water fishing during the winter months because we never seem to catch anything. Does anyone know if they DO bite during the winter? We usually just do fresh water fishing while waiting for the weather to warm up. Any inquiries would be greatly appreciated!

Lifes Short Fish Hard!!

Richard and Renee'
[signature]
The fishing in freshwater and salt water in Texas does not stop during the winter. The fish bite all year long. In the salt water the species change based on the water conditions. The best way to find out what is biting and where to find them is to stop by a local bait shop. Ask some questions and hit the water. I like fishing down the coast on Mustang Island durring the winter. The areas to fish are not crouded like durring the summer. Verry seldom do I hit the water and not land something. On slow bite days I chat with others to pass the time and enjoy the day.
The Sabine Pass area is loaded with areas to go fishing in saltwater and in the fresh water. A small bit of reserching through local bait shops will help you prepair for a great adventure on the water.
There are som members that fish the area that may be of more help but any time you need some info don't hesitate to ask and we will do our best to lend you a hand in getting an answer.
I need to apologise for the lack of responce in the Texas forum in the past. I noticed that you made a post back in the summer last year. It did not get answered it is part my fault as I was off the boards for some time ill. The problem has been corrected and hope to see many more posts and questions for us to answer for you.
[signature]
Thanks so much for responding! We were wondering though.. Where exactly is Mustang Island? We have heard of it and heard the fishing is good there. We fished off and on all weekend and didn't get anything! So we are ready for spring and summer! [cool] Let me know where that is and thanks again!

"Life's short, Fish hard!"

Rick and Renee'
[signature]
It is true that Mustang island is well known for the great fishing. It is south or you about 40 min north of CorpusChristi. Follow the coast down to Aransas Pass on 35 and hang a left on 316 take the free farry across the shiping channel to Port Aransas.(about a 5-10 min ride) There you will find some of the best people on the earth that are always ready to lend a hand on getting you where you will find the great fishing in the area. Port aransas is known as the Texas Parodise every one that lives there say it is another place known as Texas Island Style. In Port aransas you are on the north end of Mustang Island.
If you take time to register you will be able to set up to have an email sent to you when ever your posts get a reply. This way you will be able to get your answers allot faster.
Great to have you on the boards and wish you great fishing throughout the 2004 year.
[signature]
[unsure] I am registered... I think lol. But I do need to change my e mail address that I have in there. How would I go about doing that? And sorry for all the questions...

Thanks again,

Rick & Renee'

"Life's Short, Fish Hard!"
[signature]
You log in under the user name that you are regestered under. Click on Edit Profile at the top of the page. Then User profile. That is where your e mail address is located.

And as far as winter time fishing.Naturaly it is going to be a bit slower when the water is cold. But down here in far south Tx, it never stops. the species seem to change a little but I very seldom go fishing without catching fish. Its all about a combination of luck and having the gift.( just knowing how,when, & where to catch fish)
[signature]