Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Ice Jigs
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey fellow jig makers...and wannabees...I have been asked to post some step by step pics on making my line of jigs. Here are some that at least illustrate some sizes, styles and colors. I have also included a Word doc with a combo of a pic and tutorial. [/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Most of the jigs in the pics are on size 6 hooks, with 1/16 or 1/32 oz. heads. I actually make them in a full range of sizes and other colors. I like the new models posted by James. The band of high visibility color behind the head looks like a great pattern.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]This will never replace being able to sit down and watch the jigs being poured, trimmed, painted and wrapped. But, for anyone with a fly tying vice and some materials (all available at Hooked...along with coaching) you can turn out jigs that will work. Then, you can spend the rest of your life tinkering with them...as I have. Great hobby for those days when the snow keeps you in or you can't get the kitchen pass.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]By the way, I still have individual writeups for anyone who wants to PM me, on all of the individual steps in jig making...pouring lead, painting, adding eyes, glittering, etc.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]In the near future I will be drafting TubeBabe as a model (hands only) for a pictorial on all the various steps. I will include shots of different types of molds, placing hooks in them, pouring the lead, cutting off the sprues, basic painting, glittering, eyes and all that stuff.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]It is great that so many folks are getting interested in crafting their own stuff. With all the creative genius on the BFT board, we should be able to come up with some great new ideas in the future.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff][size 1]It ain't cool to reply to yer own post, but I just got a PM asking if I was gonna post this. I put it up over the weekend and it dropped out of sight with all the good new reports.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
perfect Ice jigs T.D. you need to get up here to use them.
[signature]
Sensai TD, as usual, your knowlege and willingness to share it are simply amazing. I thank you again, and again, and again.....
[signature]