Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renegade dock pulled
I went up to Strawberry this morning and drove to Renegade to launch and they had pulled the small dock on the boat ramp. The private docks were still in with a couple boats still there. The gate was open so you could use that. But I am guessing as soon as the boats are gone they will pull that dock or they may lock the gate
[signature]
That irritates me when they do that this early. They should discount the fee you pay to launch there. I'm guessing that the fish cleaning station is also closed too. I like to launch at this location, but think they could at least leave a courtesy dock in the water until first part of November. Sorry about the rant, just irritating.
[signature]
The fish cleaning station at Renegade was boarded up last Saturday when I was there, but at least the restrooms were still open.
[signature]
When I was there last week the fish cleaning station was boarded up then. They have a sign posted that because of the temps they said it would freeze up. I can beleive that, it was 19 degrees when I was there yesterday morning.
[signature]
They were pulling the docks out of the Strawberry Bay marina as we were loading up this afternoon.
[signature]
I just called the marina store few minutes ago , was told starting Monday 10/16 they are pulling out all of the docks...pretty Sad best fishing is coming up ,..is this a American land & leisure thing ? I have called the main office before never receive a reply back from the office...my wife can not get in a boat without a dock ( we are both finely retired and she has med issues)
[signature]
Saturday, the restroom was closed for the season at Renegade, but the private docks were still in with the gate unlocked.
[signature]
How thick was the ice?
[signature]
[quote FishMcFisherson]

How thick was the ice?

[/quote]

I found it about 4" thick ..... in the bottom of my cooler!
[signature]
They must be expecting an early winter this year.
[signature]
I called the lessee last year and they put a dock back in at the main ramp.
[signature]