Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last hurrah at Lincoln
I had to give Lincoln one more quick shot before I shifted over to deer hunting. Plan was to catch my 36 incher and make up some wild story to convince Jeff I caught it before the cat contest closed.[Wink]

Arrived at 8:30 with the sun. Air temp was a balmy 32 degrees and the water temp was 48 -49 degrees. The channel continues to be 2.3 ft. deep. It has not changed in the past two weeks. Hopefully the low water level for the year has been reached.

I fished with big baits trying to avoid the wb and, hopefully find a big catfish. I fished shallow and deep with most of the fish marked in deeper water. I enjoyed the trip even though depression set in at the thought of cold weather coming. As a final slap in the face the Old Pond gave up only one mid-sized catfish. Oh well, it has been a great summer on the pond and all those 28 and 29 inchers will be 30+ers next year.

Next year for sure!

BLK
[signature]
Thanks for the update BLK, and thanks for the many great reports this year! I hope the deer hunt goes well for you and the cold weather gives us lots of mountain snow and valley rain!

I'm not ready to give up yet this year. I have had a couple of "decent" trips on calm sunny afternoons in November. I'll let you know how it goes on Thursday.

Thanks again,

Pisco
[signature]
Good to hear from you, BLK. We all hope you get a 36"+ deer.

Length.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Sorry you had to go out with a whimper...and not a bang...from a biggun.

Next year.

Howsomever, as Pisco says, there is still some potential cattin' to be done. If we could just get the contest admins to keep it open when the bigger fish are biting. Kinda like only allowing 4th of July fireworks to be set off in May. Silly fish don't have calendars. They eat all year long...sometimes slower but they still bite.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Way to go Lynn getting out after them one more time... I wish I could have done the same... Good luck finding the big buck instead... Later J
[signature]