Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many of you fish for mainly panfish?
I dont know about you guys but i like to go for mainly panfish when i go fishing. The only reason i like it is because the fish never stop fighting and they could take a while to get in on 4 lb. test with an ultralite. how many of you are like me and prefer panfish????
[signature]
I do! I do!

Fishing for panfish is fun and you're right, it seems they never stop biting.

It reminds me of the old days when my dad use to take me fishing from shore and that's about all I do now - fish from shore.

No pressure - just good old fashioned fun. Especially when you're using 4 lb. test!!!!

Mr. Fishforfree
[signature]
yea i once tried using 2lb test from shore . It was a blast but it was a little hard getting them up the bank
[signature]
I always fish for panish in the summer. A lot of people underestimate their fighting ability! There really fun to catch[cool]! I especially like to go for bluegills. The thing that I dont understand is when your reeling them up they always come up in a circler motion. Anybody know why? When I fish for them all I need is a slip bobber and a genz worm with a wax worm on it.
[signature]
Panfish are not my primary species but I do have alot of fun with them especially with a flyrod or ultralight gear. Last August I pulled in a 2lb bluegill with my ultralight outfit on a black roostertail. That was lots of fun.
[signature]

Hi there wusup65,

Float tubing, in the Summer, with a flyrod and poppers! Ya... I'd say panfish are one of my favorites.

JapanRon
[signature]
i would think it is because of the way they come out of the water. If you ever watched them the always swim to a side and they have their side facing you so thats why i think its like that.
[signature]
I like to fish for panfish as well, although they are not my main target species. They are especially good to introduce new anglers to the sport, since they are usually fairly easy to catch and you can catch a large number of them in a couple hours if you find the right spot.
[signature]
[Tongue][size 2] Panfish aren't my main target species, either... but the 2-3" ones make great flathead bait, and the hand sized ones make for very good dinners![/size]

[size 2]I deliberately hunt for them in the spring when the nests are full and the big bluegill attack a rubber spider with a vengance.[/size]
[signature]
While Pan fish are not my regular target, I do like to take my kids after them especially thru the ice, the kids dont get bored of fishing and they taste so gooooooood. [Wink]
[signature]
There's nothing like the taste of almost frozen fish on the dining room table.

Don't forget to check the recipe board. There are alot of good recipes there for panfish.
[signature]
ALL MY FISH END UP IN A PAN SOONER OR LATER , BUT I'M WITH THE ULTRA LITE CROUD AS WELL .[Wink]

NOW IF YOU WANT TO HAVE SOME FUN , ALSO TRY A FLY ROD FOR SOME GILLS . A FEW ROLL CASTS INTO A POND AND YOUR HOOKED WORSE THAN THE FISH ![cool]
[signature]
Scrappy, tough fighters, good eaten, second only to crappie, not as great a fighter but good eaten. Yup they are my favorite fish. Almost always biting also not like bass. Course all of the biggest go deeper in summer but the little ones are still fun.
[signature]