Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell
Is there any good fishing this time of year at lake Powell?
[signature]
The fishing is always good for me at Powell. The Largemouth were on fire last month.
The beauty of the winter in powell is cheap lodging and literally no one fishing you have endless opportunity.
Good Luck
[signature]
I looked at all the web cams yesterday. There wasn't a boat in any of the pictures. The water was like glass.

Powell in the winter is awesome!
[signature]
Buddy just sent me a picture of 40 stripers off of Lone Rock.
[signature]
nice.

Surprised it wasn't a picture of 40 strippers. We sure get lots of reports talking about them......just never see the proof of it...
[signature]
I read about you- It was in a book called 3 billy goats gruff (0:
[signature]
did you intentionally scribble Nob's face out? What gives
??
[signature]
I knew you would know who is was- wasn't my place though to divulge that.
[signature]
[quote packfish]Buddy just sent me a picture of 40 stripers off of Lone Rock.[/quote]

[quote packfish]I knew you would know who is was- wasn't my place though to divulge that.[/quote]

Trying to understand: Is the buddy that sen you a picture of 40 stripers the same buddy in the picture holding that big striper?

If so, they were fishing in Warm Creek, not Lone Rock.

fish can be caught all over on Powell this time of year. Find yourself a good weather window, and go enjoy that lake.
[signature]
Nope- you are correct on one- incorrect assumption on the another- Buddy who was at Lone Rock Tuesday fishes with Nob very often- but the cooler picture is from Lone Rock.
[signature]
thanks for clarifying. The comment combined with the pics caused me to question.

Powell is a unique place. One (of the many) great things is that there are fish to be caught each month of the year.
[signature]
Hoping to go next month. Just bought a grundle of new jigging spoons to try on stripers (I've proven they don't work on strippers.) Plus some new lures for wallies and smallies.
[signature]
I made a lot of jigging spoons a year ago- they worked great on Powell.
Lake Eire Walleye Candy
[url "http://www.lakeeriewalleyecandy.com/products.html"]http://www.lakeeriewalleyecandy.com/products.html[/url]
[signature]
Any time you can go to Powell, the fishing is GREAT, now the catching may be a bit slow, but you will enjoy it more than any other time of the year. Weather is usually very stable, little wind, fairly warm temps, and you will have the lake to yourself. The only down side is if you run into trouble, you are pretty much on your own, so let someone know where you are going and what time you expect to be back. As already stated, lodging costs are about half. You do need to be back to the dock by 5 if you are getting gas and stuff. Also check which marina's will be open. ENJOY !!
PS: also check Wayne's Words for current updates. !!!
[signature]
Good advise
[signature]