Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first trip!!!
Finally got a day away from trying to move into our new house. Went for a few hours on Friday to try for some rock. Bounced some cut bait, worms and catfish stink bait off the bottom. Had a great day of 80 degree weather, but only caught a 4 lb cat after running the river looking for the gardeners creek. I can tell you it does;t run directly into the roanoke, must be an off shoot of Devils cut. Still great to get a tug on a line after this winter. I'll be moving 100 percent this Saturday. So am itching to get two days a week in before striper season ends. { Rocks} I'm not into catching white perch but they are running heavy now in the river. I have to laugh as I keep getting people thinking I'm the law with my old company name on the truck. LOL I'll have to figure out how to use that to my advantage. I will be moving further up the river at my new place, but I've heard it's good for summer bass fishing. Hope it's good as it's closer by 40 mins. Hope all are enjoying this spring. lets hear some reports.
[signature]
Glad you got out and caught some fish Gregg. You said, " I'll be moving 100 percent this Saturday", I thought you moved in to your new place over a year ago? Or are you talking about moving fishing locations?
[signature]
We bought another house 20 mins from the old one. I'm getting too old for this stuff. Working on painting, new plug and switches, tearing up rugs and redoing kitchen is killing me. I did take time to check out the Roanoke River near my new home. Gardens are all planted now. Will report on last trip. Hope to get out next week as well for last week of stripers. But I don't hold much hope. [Sad]
[signature]
Wow you must have run across a good deal, to move that quick, I was wondering why we had not heard from you in a while. Sounds like you have your hands full just trying to keep up with the new house. Good luck to you on getting into those stripers.
[signature]