Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek Res. - 04/22/2018
Took the float tube up to LC this morning from 8:30a - 1:00p... water was clear and cold (45* F), the breeze was light, and the fish were frisky.

Fishing the area around the boat launch I landed 7, missed a few others, quality was excellent... 21.5" Cutthroat, 17" Splake (my first), and 5 Rainbows (13-18").

All but one came on Chironomids fished about 10-12ft down on wind-swept banks (other came trolling an olive Crystal Bugger).

A few pics attached. The Cutt was a gorgeous pre-spawn male... wild fish though and bolted out of the net before I could get a nice profile shot.

This was my first time fishing LC... needless to say I will be returning soon [Wink]
[signature]
Nice job, I’m a big fan of LC after starting to fish it a few years ago.
[signature]
very nice! splake are rare up there!
[signature]
[quote fishalot13]very nice! splake are rare up there![/quote]

Yeah, it surprised me! I see they've been stocking them since 2013... should be some very healthy specimens swimming around in there by now.
[signature]
Thanks for the report! I started tying chironomids after hearing about your success last year.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I will have to find a night this week to sneak up there, make it 3 weeks in a row. Those are some beautiful fat fish they have up there.
[signature]
How is the road going into Lost Creek? I sit still really bad with pot holes?
[signature]
pot holed up! big ones. Rumor has it that they are fixing it this year.
[signature]