Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC 5-13
After reading Zuki Blues report I decided to give it a try, water temp is around 55 deg, hit a couple spots casting with only one smally to show for it, headed up by Charleston started bottom bouncing, got these two to the boat and a rainbow, lost 2 or 3 others, my brother was up there to , he managed a bunch of rainbows trolling, till we got blown off.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Way to get after them even with this frustrating weather pattern.

Last week the water was pushing 60 in the main lake and 65 in some of the better spots.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Great job! You sound like you were pretty busy.
[signature]
They seemed to be right where you said, i hit from 15 to 25 ft, if you could get a few days of good weather it might be really good fishing,
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
I fished near Charleston and Wallsburg that day. Landed one 16" rainbow from Charleston on some pink power eggs, and a few smallmouth from Wallsburg on a green jig and a gold kastmaster. Lost 4-5 on the kastmaster. Might have been a dull hook it something, but they seemed to be all over that thing yesterday.
[signature]
It seems DC is spitting out a few Walleyes lately, if you can stay on the water. Here's one from last weekend before the wind came up.
[signature]
Nice fish, it seems to always blow in the afternoon, if you can be there when the wind is just right so the fish are biting and the power squad leaves, its a good day.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
You need to forget about those toothy critters and get back after the whiskers.
I'll be out tomorrow for the first time since the cold spell. Watch for that 36 incher it is about due.

BLK
[signature]
Maybe this week end but probably wont be until june, headed to starvy over memorial day. then head down for some evening fishing, and yup throwing jigs out by the bobber, just in case theres a toothy one hanging around.

ya I got it bad, kinda like you and the cats always looking for the 30+
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[quote slimeside]It seems DC is spitting out a few Walleyes lately, if you can stay on the water. Here's one from last weekend before the wind came up.[/quote]

That is a great looking eye. Got 4 yesterday, largest 19". No where near that hog.
[signature]