Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Quick Trip to Lake Powell
My wife and I make a quick trip to Lake Powell last Monday. We met our son and many family members who were staying on a houseboat partially owned by our son. I didn’t get to fish like I hoped I would. Most of the time the family wanted to water ski, or travel the lake. However, I did get some fishing. I fished Monday and Tuesday without catching any fish. I tried all of my favorite lures, but no luck. On Wednesday a stranger gave me a few anchoves that were in questionnable condition. However, I caught 3 stripers (one huge one), and a walleye that afternood. On Thursday morning I fished again for a few hours. This time I caught a catfish, a sunfish, and a smallmouth bass.
[signature]
It's always good to spend time with family, glad you got a chance to do a little fishin. Looks like the anchovies did the trick, even with them in questionable condition. Thanks for the report and pics.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Good for you, young man. Glad you were able to have a nice family get-together...and to get together with some fish too. Even a walleye. Wunnerful.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Did you get your motor mount put together for your tube...or could you use some assistance?[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Love your avatar picture. I remember being there when that picture was taken. Nice walleye.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I am still working on some changes for the mounting on my Fat Cat. I took my Fish Cat 4 to Powell, and caught my fish on that. It brought back many memories. I still enjoy fishing from a tube.

If my memory is right, you were the one to take the avatar picture.

Look forward to fishing with you again.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Your memory is right. We were fishing out off the mouth of Benjamin Slough...and you were using a black and chartreuse tube jig. How's my memory?[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]We got a lot of lost fishing time to make up. Glad you are back among us.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]