Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishlake 8/30
Went to Fish lake today. It was windy the whole time. we trolled for Kokanee but couldn't keep the 12" rainbows off the line. Ended up with 2 Kokanee for the pan and lots of rainbows that were all released. While loading the boat I noticed thousands of 3" rainbow trout. Apparently they planted 120,000 or so yesterday. I think most of them are at the docks at Bowery Haven.
[signature]
Any size to your Kokes? Also, are the kokes there in the same pre-spawn stage as Strawberry - pink/reddish? Just wondering if there's any difference lake to lake, or maybe based on geography, like our Northern waters compared to Central/South.....
[signature]
The Kokes I caught were only about 12" long and silver. No pink at all.
[signature]
I was at Fish Lake two week ago and me and my fishing buddy caught more small rainbows than we could count. They all got released. We did land one 17" Koke that was a nice fish. The weather was great. Not much wind and pretty warm.
[signature]
[quote elkantlers]The Kokes I caught were only about 12" long and silver. No pink at all.[/quote]

Maybe not of spawning age yet?
[signature]
Probably not, but I saw some kokanee that were spawning last year at Electric lake that were only about 10 to 12 inches long.
[signature]