Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Friday the 28th
I've never ever seen Shad in coves like I did this past Friday. Every cove I went into had massive Shad populations and this wasn't in the north or south end of the lake [Wink] or anywhere typically fished by the masses. More off the beat spots I haven't hit in years for something different to do... If one was wanting to net them I think you could of just used a dip net verse cast net there was sooooo many. Needless to say the LMB and SMB were filling up. Landed/released 20 SMB and 29 LMB. I think the most caught in a day by me ever on Mead. It was just choose your method. It worked. I was even calling my catch. I'd see 2 or 3 off in the distance 1-3 feet under the water in the hunt and decide Topwater, Jerk Bait, etc and cast and watch the reaction. Was sooooo fun. Everything was catching fish. Topwater and Jerk Bait were supreme but ones arm can only handle so many casts of those two . Squarebill, paddle fluke, vibrating jig, drop shot with a sexy shad colored half shell on it, deep diver, Donkey rig, etc all rocked too. I think I had 11 or so rods on the deck and almost every one of them was catching fish depending on the specific situation. How deep, floating debris, etc. Just grab and go go go [fishon]

Weather rocked. Essentially windless and perfect! Good lunchtime swimming weather too [Smile]

Weird thing... I never saw a Striper all day.

I found a Wakesurf board on the way back to the Marina. Currently have that posted on the Lake Mead family boaters Facebook page trying to find the owner. Looks essentially brand new.

Good times on my 50th birthday!!!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=134149]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=134150]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=134151]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=134152]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=134153]

Tom
[signature]
[cool] Sounds like a real fun trip! Nice to see that the shad are all over the coves. I haven’t been out in a couple weeks and heading out tomorrow for deer hunting so I won’t be fishing for another couple weeks. Hope this all holds til then. Thanks for the report.
[signature]