Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beard camo
I'm getting ready for the elk hunt. I'm growing out a Santa beard and would like to camoflage it somehow. I bought a camo half-face mask but it is just a big bandanna with an elastic strap that goes under or over the nose and over the ears. I would prefer something like the beard nets they use where hair nets are required as in surgery or food handling, but in camo. Anybody know where to get something like that or have any other ideas? I've scoured the internet but haven't found what I want.

Are there face paints that work well on hair? Temporary dyes?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

If you will be plowing through the thick brush you might want to just get some hair dye that you can wash out in the shower at the end of the day. Having the net get caught up on stuff would be a pain in the butt.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Why bother, you will just look like the south end of a north bound mule deer.[Wink]
[signature]
Exactly. I don't want to alarm the game nor have an idiot shooting at a flash of white. I could tell you stories...

But(t) I do appreciate your humor.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Good points. I tried dye one year with mixed results. Would probably have to bleach my beard to play Jolly Old anyway. I messed with my half-mask and found that it wasn't too bad with it tucked into my t-shirt neck. Not a bad way to go since we're going to be getting a lot of snow anyway. Thanks for the ideas.
[signature]

These work great!

https://www.hoorag.com/camouflage-bandanas/
[signature]
I got some of these to put in the boat in case I forget to grab the sunscreen. They are ok to wear in a pinch.

https://safishing.com/shop/5-pack-face-s...figuration
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
That's an awesome site--so much variety. Can you recommend anything in particular?
[signature]