Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutties
Had fun the other day fishing away from the crowds and even had some snow. Tried a new spot and wasn’t let down. Saw a bull elk on the way up. Just a pretty area with nobody around but me and some wild cutties who wanted big flies and the baby whitey got plenty of action. A little slice of heaven...
[signature]
Nice work! Always good to try new places. Bonus catching some nice cutties too. Congrats!
[signature]
Looks like a great time- chucking big flies with no one around and catching some decent Cutts. I’m looking at that net. It make the fish look small but I’m guessing that’s because the opening is about 20 inches. Even a 20 inch trout looks small in a net like that so I don’t post many pics of trout in my net. How big were the Cutts?
I don’t think I’ve thrown a fly smaller than 14 in 5 years. Mostly throw size 8-12 simply because I enjoy it and can catch fish reliably with only very rarely needing to go smaller. I do have those dinky flies with me just in case however.
[signature]
Its a big net with a long handle that makes it easy to scoop up fish from my boat. The cutties were 14-17 inches. I was a little surprised how willing they were to take large flies such as the 4 inch baby whitey
[signature]