Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing season
It’s getting close to that ice fishing season, now is the time to get everything ready. If you are well prepared you will have a much better time. Check your auger blades or replace them, if you have the gas powered auger get it running before you take it out. There’s nothing worse than having a auger that won’t start. Most of all be safe out there and have a fun ice fishing season.
[signature]
Hey Chuck, have you been getting out on the ice any, this Winter? If so, what are you catching there?
[signature]
Hey Curt, no not yet, nothing was froze until this week. I will be checking things out this weekend. Have you been out yet ?
[signature]
Leaving in a few minutes for my 5th ice fishing trip of the season. Pretty surprising your guys there are just getting good ice[crazy].
[signature]
Boyd now has good ice about 4 in. on the main lake and 6 or more in the marina. I talked to a couple of guys that had caught a 20in. walleye last week. I will give it a try next week on Friday.
The outdoor expo show is coming to Denver next week, I think I will go to it this year. I just have to go down to Denver, hmmm that place scares me. It’s big and you can get lost real easy and lots of traffic.
[signature]
Anytime I hear of anyone catching an eye through the ice around here it is surprising to me, must be a good population of them in Boyd. Good luck when you get out there. I hear you on Denver, you got to have a GPS to navigate in big cities any more.
[signature]

Yeah, a 20in. Walleye thru the ice is a good one, my biggest is 17 1/2in.
There’s a pretty good population of walleyes in the other 6 lakes around Boyd also and they are all hooked together. All the other lakes are private unless you live in that neighborhood or have a friend that lives in there. Boyd is the only public lake.
[signature]