Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer creek & Jordanelle
For those wondering, I drive by them daily and as of this afternoon deer creek was maybe 30% capped with a real thin layer in most places. The north end had what looked like the best ice forming. As far as Jordanelle it looks to be capped. If there is anyone that fishes Jordanelle I would love to tag along if they don’t mind, as I have never fished it and work close by. Or if anyone has any pointers they would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
i was at d.c. today. there was no ice at boat ramp. fished for an hour and caught one bow on kastmaster.
[signature]
Yeah, I saw there were a couple boats out when I drove by. Was curious how they did.
[signature]
[quote jones4fish]i was at d.c. today. there was no ice at boat ramp. fished for an hour and caught one bow on kastmaster.[/quote]

Thanks for the report.

When you said there was no ice at the boat ramp, do you mean the one by the island?

I'd like to get up there and put the tube in when things warm up just a bit.[Wink]
[signature]
by the dam. didnt look like anyone launched from that ramp
[signature]
Thanks.

Did you notice if there was open water around the island ramp?
[signature]
There is ice at that ramp as of 4 this afternoon. But that didn’t stop someone from launching and taking their boat through it.
[signature]
Sure that guy wasn't duck hunting? [sly]
[signature]
I drilled a hole up on the North end today in about two feet of water and the ice was 4". Tried to get over some deeper water to check the thickness but encountered a crack that had opened up a few inches and I wasn't going to try to cross it with just my work boots on.

So there may be some fishable ice out deeper but keep an eye on the thickness. Also with Deer Creek on the rise the edges can be thin and wet.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.