Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Beach 1/19-20/19
[cool]Did another weekend camping trip at Willow. Launched the kayaks at gray light on Saturday. Fished all day and ten miles of paddling for nada. Hit the water same time on Sunday and started to troll the A/C plugs. Two hours later get hit and fish on. Reeled in a nice even 10 lber. Took a break and some pics and started again. An hour later and get hit again and brought in a fat 8.5lber. That was it for the rest of the day. My wife got blanked this weekend but vows for retribution. Weather and water conditions were great. Hope to hit it again soon.
[signature]
Great report and pics thanks for sharing it with us. Seems like you or your wife or both of you are always catching big Stripers there, do you think the secret to your success is those large AC lures?
[signature]
[cool] The A/C plugs do catch most of our fish. We have also caught them on Bomber long As, Storm lures, Tomic lures, and soft plastic baits. I am working on some large flies to use down there. I would really like to hook into a double digit on my 9 weight rod.
[signature]
Have you ever heard of the Game Changer Fly? Here is a link on building one:
http://intheriffle.com/fishing-videos/fl...hockletts/
[signature]
You figure that out and I'll be down there with my 8wt [Wink]

Tom
[signature]